Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for the info. it's made me feel a lot better about the flight it looks a lot better than Monarch.

Went with BA via Mumbai in April and that was good but the picture does not make it look much different to that.

Also first time I will have been there at Xmas and New Year so can't wait. :fly :hyper :sun
I feel a little better after reading comments. We fly with mytravel on 6th December out of Manchester. Only 3rd time to Goa have flown with both Monarch and First Choice - First Choice wins.
As I am getting on and have restless legs we pay for the upgrade and it was a waste of time with Monarch. but like someone says when you are on the beach the sun on your back and a nice long drink next to you who cares :lol: :lol: :lol:
carol...why was the monarch upgrade a waste??? we are going monarch premium class in march???? oops??? have i wasted our money
Travelled with Monarch up grade in Feb this year total waste of money on the way out I got sat next to an elderly gent who read the paper arms out all the time and then decided he would spread his legs wide open on to my side after stamping on his foot he moved it. On the way back my husband sat in the middle of the row and his face was a picture when a lady and her husband went to sit in the next seats they were both very large, and she spilled over the arm rest into my husbands seat. The free drinks service is a laugh they came round twice, there were children running from the back of the plane up and down. So why pay for an upgrade this comes as standard. Flying with first choice upgrade is a winner every time, more seat room very pleasent staff, and cleaner planes.
I think the post after mine says it all
hi is the flights with first choice from manchester to goa a direct flight thinking of booking didnt know if you have change over also is there plenty leg room only used to going spain thanks julie :?:
First Choice are one of the best and yes plenty of legroom. We flew with First Choice from Manchester in April and there were no stops.
hi gemma thanks how long is the flight and are first choice better than thomas cook thanks
Hi Julie - the flights with first choice are `the best` flight direct is about 9 1/2 - 10 hours
Goanne
Julie well Thomas cook mostly use Monarch flights and they are very cramped, so wouldnt recommend them, unless you book the extra leg room, then they will be fine.
Flight is about 8 1/2 to 9 hours if direct.
However this season Thomson have updated all their aircrafts as well. We are flying with them in March so will let you know what theyre like. I reckon they will be just as good as the First Choice flights now.
Hi Julievroy,

F C are excellent as everybody says and they fly direct, we fly schedule when we come out because you are always guaranteed lots of leg room and most of the time the flights are not full so you can lay across 3 or 4 seats the only thing is on schedule you have to come Via Mumbia but we never find that any problem. Good luck and let us know how you get on, you will love Goa but it is a culture shock when you first get here especially after Benidorm, but just go with the flow, one tip if you book with a tour company into a hotel, come out of the airport and get a taxi it will not cost ten pounds and it is quicker, no hanging about for people if you want a taxi pre booked i have a very good taxi driver and would gladly give you his number or i would arrange for him to pick you up.

Mike
We are flying with Thomson on 17th November so will report when we get back. Kev
:) I'm flying with Thomson in December but only because First Choice don't go from Brum - they are the best by far!
Hello,
I cannot make up my mind whether to fly to India with Jet airways or Virgin! Does anyone have first hand experience of these airlines? Seat space etc...They both have my good flight times (a must for me) and non stop flights for when I want to go to India.
Many thanks
Saggy
Hi Saggy
We flew out with Jet in August and it was very good. Staff, leg room etc could not be faulted. They check you through to Goa but you have to identify your luggage in Mumbai. But they take it for you to the domestic airport and it is so easy. If you buy duty free you can put it in your hold luggage in Mumbai and it will be OK. We packed a back pack which we removed in Mumbai and packed with clothes etc to give weight and space.

We will certainly fly with them again.
Thanks Cocopop,
Jet are coming out £50 cheaper but, as the saying goes...why spoil the ship for a h'penny of tar.
Fran
we used Jet for internal flights only- but I was really impressed with them
Do you know what the seat pitch is on Jet please?
I was looking at Spice for the flight from Delhi to Goa, any comments?
Fran
I believe that they fly with Monarch, I know about the leg room issues, but I am only 5'8 and about two hundred quid cheaper than going with Thomsons. I am due to go 24th of November from Manchester if anyone has flown this season can you tell me a) What films if any are inflight ents? b) if they are direct flights(either way)? c)If not do you know where they stop off? Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere I can't find it.

Cheers in advance :)
PS I know i sound like a child :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.