Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
OK, fostertom, here's maybe a bit more useful advice.

The only 'hope in hell' (and I think it's only a slight chance) is to visit one of the main visa centres in person to hand deliver your application and collect it again when processed.
Some application centres will accept hand delivered applications but you can't collect your documents back from there, they will post them.
You need to look on the VFS website under 'Contact us' for application centgres that give times of 'Passport Pick-up'.

You will NOT be able to get a same day visa (if that's what you mean).

The VFS website says processing time for handing in personally and personal pick-up is a MINIMUM 2 to 3 working days - and that's assuming that you don't fall into one of the categories that require additional information (e,g, non-UK passport holder).

The other alternative is to use a visa agency to get your visas, however you will pay a premium for that service.

You say depart on 30th or 31st, that really only leaves you 4 processing days excluding today.

I don't really know if your dummy application will cause problems - did you use your own name and passport number?

I wouldn't book a flight until you have your visa, but it's a bit 'chicken & egg' - by the time you get your visas the flights may have sold out.
Alternatively, if you book your flight first, you may not get your visa in time.
Thanks very much. Being snowed in right now, could do it if life and death, but am dropping it for now. Pity - wd have been ideal!
Hi, I think that's probably sensible.

In 'the old days' before outsourcing of visa applications to VFS, you could attend either High Commission of India in London or Consul General of India in Birmingham and drop off your application and pick it up the same day.

We've been really lucky (North East Derbyshire) as we had a flurry of snow last Thursday and none since. It's bitterly cold though.
as im off work now can i hand my visa application in at Edinburgh and pick up the visas later on in the day ? Was thinking about jumping on the train and making a day off it.

bbn
No you can't get a same day visa now (minimum 3 working days)
Billy you have to hand in your application, then track it online, and once its ready go back and collect it, or have it posted out.
Yeah but what is 'your application' - is it just the Ap form completed and submitted electronically, and you take the other stuff - passport, Declaration, photos - along later to interview/collection?

Or do all of those things have to be submitted at Application time i.e. by post - then how does the electronic submission of Ap form come into it?
thanks for the replies folks. Will have a wee trip through tomorrow.Hand them in and get them to post the back to me. Make a day of it in Edinburgh, i feel a few beers coming on :cheers
All the items you mention, fostertom, have to be handed in. The online application is a bit of a misnomer. It is just a form you fill in online and then either post off or hand in.
THE FINAL BLOOY STRAW
My 4 applications have just been returned (refused).
The reason being as highlighted on the explanatory form.
1..Visa application not signed.
2..No photographs.
3..NO PASSPORTS.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN why the hell were my signed application forms, photo's and passports were in the bloody same envelope they have just returned.
After 23 years, got to ask myself, is it all bloody worth it !!!!!!!
Hi Eddie, I have just read on another forum of someone who had their application returned stating the same reasons, but it turned out that they had not sent the declaration with their application.
Wish that was the case, but it's all in front of me, everything double checked .....'kin mystified.
Hi Eddie

Are you sure that you sent the declaration form?
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Declaration.pdf

Reading the thread on TA that squigs has mentioned, it sounds pretty similar to your situation.

They told this guy that he'd not sent the same things that they've told you about (but he had, just same as you).
It sounds like they are not putting correct reasons for rejecting the application, so might be worth checking it out:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k4113243-Visa_Application_Returned_AAAARGH-Goa.html
Sure....everything in place, all signed including declaration forms.
Just got off the phone to them. Best suggestion was to re-apply with different photos.
How am i supposed to do that......they were 2 x 2's, can't make them any different unless i take them of the back of my 'kin head.
If it was not for the fact my son and girlfriend are returning with me, would have cut my losses and said thanks Thailand i'm on my way back.
I didn't know about the declaration form! When they return my application will I have to apply again on-line and repay or just put everything back in the envelope with declaration form and resend?
Redstinger
I think it will probably be the latter rather than having to go through the application process again.

But from what I've read, it seems that VFS staff randomly choose applications that they scrutinise much more intently than others.
Even without the declaration, yours may get processed without a problem.
If I were you Eddie101 I would hand them in somewhere so that you know everything is OK and let them post them back to you. I know you shouldn't have to but at least you will know they are not going to be returned again. Good luck :tup
handed forms etc in today at Edinburgh office and eveything seemed to be in order. Was asked if i wanted to collect in person or have them delivered. Opted for the delivery. I was told if i was collecting them they would be ready in 5-6 days so heres hoping for end of next week. Wont hold my breath though. There wasnt a soul in the place when i arrived this morning at 9-15 so it was a case of walking right up too counter and all was done in 10 minutes max. Maybe our passports were dealt with through the back and posted back this afternoon ? naahhhhhhhh now im getting ridiculous :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.