Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
thanks to Brenliz for finding the above. :D
Yes, i did misread it, the only bit that sunk into my head was not allowing tourist visa's by post.. I forgot it said ''overturned'' :oops: :oops:

Anyway, it is good news
Yummymummy, I think you have misread it! Travel operators were complaining because we couldn't get visa direct by post ourselves - as we were. The good news is though they are thinking of 5 year visas.
Yummymummy
I'm not sure if I've misunderstood your post, but I think the Tour Operators protested at the Indian Tourist Ministry NOT allowing postal visa applications, which along with protests from individual travellers has led to a reversal of that decision.
I contacted Olympic Holidays (who we've booked with) to say that the non-postal application process has put us off and we would be considering an alternative destination if obtaining a visa continued to be a big problem.
I also contacted a number of other TOs who do holidays to Goa to make the same point.

From what I can see, things HAVE improved with the re-introduction of postal applications, one guy on here posted his application on 3rd November and got it back on 13th.

Polly
There is a shop called Astro Travel in Bolton which can do the five year visas for you. The cost is £100.

I was in there on Saturday morning and noticed the sign which gave the costs for them to obtain your visas for you. Seemed like a fair price that
The travel agent I go through said they would try and get me a five year one as well, took the passports to them two weeks ago Tuesday and not heard back from them yet so fingers crossed with this news we might be lucky.

Sue
What a result a 5-year visa would be. I go every year and would definitely prefer to do this, provided the price was sensible.

Candybabe
Candybabe, not a 100% sure but I think its £90 each for a five year visa

Sue
Like the sound of a five year visa - provided the price is sensible!
Hang on guys, are you sure this 5 year visa is only for Indian Nationals only, on the Bolton website, are we not getting too far carried away here, its good news that the Indian embassy is relaxing the visa situation but 5 year visas, i think its too soon to get carried away until we have proof that UK nationals can go to India on a 5 year visa then yippee, but wait and see unless anyone knows any different.
I don't think we are getting carried away. Indian Nationals already have 5 year visas. This states that they are planning to introduce 5 year visas which wouldn't make sense if it was not for tourists.

Any way, whatever, if it happens a lot of us will be cheering. Even if it is 5 x £30 I for one would pay just to save the hassle of having to sort these out every year.

Candybabe
so does all that mean that i can't send away next week for a visa for january.

sorry to sound thick, but it's been a long day
Candybabe

It DEFO SAYS ON WEBSITE 5 YEAR VISA FOR iNDIAN ORIGIN ONLY,
TAKE IT UP WITH ASTRO TRAVEL BOLTON, BUT I WOULD TAKE IT WITH A PINCH OF SALT, UNTIL YOU GET PROPER CLEARANCE,fIONA WHY ARE YOU LETTING PEOPLE GET THERE HOPES BULT ON A SNIPPET FROM PRESSS WITH NO REAL CLARITY, YOU ARE A MODERATROR AFTER ALL AND NO 5 YEAR VISA CONCRETE MEANS, MODERATE FROM EVERYONE PASSING RUMOURS UNFOUNDED.
if I was doing my moderating job I would have now deleted your post. Please do not post all in capitals again.
I am not going to respond to anything else.
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-11-15 12:22:56
sfelts I think you are getting mixed up. It was me that mentioned Astro Travel, and I had mentioned it on the back of the mention of a 5 year visa mentioned at the top by BrenLiz.
Sfelts I thing you were extremely rude to Fiona. I was the one who passed on the information and I would advise you that it came from Travelmole who is a very reputable authority. I cannot understand why you appear to be so irate about such a remark. Fortunately most people are like me and would love to be able to get a 5 year visa. We are well aware that Indians can already get them. The suggestion is that tourists may be able to get them in the future too.
Iam not being rude to anyone, and I live in Goa and I know the politics, and I am sure that all other Goa regulars are fed up with the current situation, and getting told that 5 year visas are available is a laugh, i wish it was as simple as that and I would freely pay for the privalidge to stay 5 years even not x visa just not to have the hassle to go to UK, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia etc, every 6 months just too stay in India.
So no take off on Fiona, just missunderstanding of general feeling from Uk
who do not know then india visa regulations properly.
I hope it is right,this 5 year visa came up last year in indian goverment,they where bringing it out for a lot of countries including usa but not uk,i think it was a political thing,but there is alway hope.
Please note that the extract does not say that there is a 5 year visa now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.