Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
There are 2 good Indian resturants in La Cala just outside Fuengirola. It's a short taxi ride and well worth it. The best one is by the big hotel can't remember the name but you can't miss it. You go into La Cala to the main centre and it's to the right the other one is to the island and left it's on the main road. If you get lost ask at the irish bar by the Taxi rank they will help you.
Hi,

I consider myself to be a bit of a curry freak.

The two good indians that Charlie mentioned in La Cala are Bombay to Goa and Amirs. Both very nice.

Nearer to Fuengirola, my friends insist that the Muntaz is the best (I disagree), which is towards the Los Boliches end of Fuengirola, opposite the Hotel Angela. Obviously this is all a matter of preference. Another one that has been recommended to me is in the port in Fuengirola.

There are more and more Indians opening all the time, which is good news for us.

Bon apetite!
Hi, just come back from there, and we went to a lovely Indian Restaurant on the seafront up Torrablanca end of Fuengirola.

We really enjoyed our meal, its next to a resuaurant/bar called "The Wessex"

Hope you find it

Enjoy

Jen :D
thanks everyone for all your info cant wait to get there and taste the rogan-josh :lol:
The indian next to the wessex is good, although I didn't see Rogan or Balti on the menu :D
Avoid the Spice of Life in Fuengirola's "Fish Alley". It's dire!
Yeah I had a bad meal in the spice of life, wouldn't recommend it. The menu at the indian next door to the Wessex looks impressive, as they do a lot of shashlick dishes for those watching the waistline, yet the traditional chicken vindaloo is also on the menu.
One of my favourite places for a fish alley bargain is La Vagabond, just up the road from the impressive Don Pe. Only 7 euro's for 3 courses and both the quality and qantity were suprisingly good...especially the grilled prawn starter.
For two of us, we each had a 3 course meal, bread and a bottle of wine and the total bill was 21 euros.
Everybody raves about the Vagabond and as yet I still havent tried it!

One of the main reasons is that they are always seem to be packed out or all tables reserved. So it's a good idea to book a table in advance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.