Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi,
I often stay at a 5* resort and can only agree with the resort policy NOT to allow inflatables etc. in the main pool. I usually find that if children have these items they show no regard for other pool users who wish to swim at leisure.
It can become most annoying to have to keep dodging floating items and flying children who seem to want to jump to the inflatable from all quarters of the pool surround
Thank you for your comments. I too usually stay in 5* hotels and therefore know that most of them adopt the no inflatables in the pool policy and entirely agree with what you had to say about it.
The question was not whether you agree with the policy but are there any 5* hotels that DO NOT adopt this policy.

Nannysue
Hi Nannysue

visited the Barcelo Las Margaritas in June/July this year and there seemed to be no problem with inflatables in the pool. (I must admit I also las one to float about on in the late afternoon) In fact one day the entertainment crew put up a ginormous inflatable dragon in the pool for a game which they left up for hours afterwards (the kids and many of the adults had a ball jumping and "flying" through the air. If kids having good old fun are a bother - stay at an adult only hotel!
Thanks Jacci for your suggestion but I was really looking for a 5* or at least 4+* hotel.
I know there are a few very good all inclusive hotels but this is not really what I am looking for.
Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.