America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I noticed you had asked a similar question previously in the Flights forum but hadn't had a response so hopefully Pippy will leave this one rather than transfer it to Flights. ;)

I would take "meals as standard" to mean that they are included, but I think you need clarification from TC for your peace of mind.

I would try calling them again and hang on even if it says you are xxth in the queue. I have read several times on here of people being 40 something in the queue and yet they were answered within 5-10 mins so it may be worth hanging on.

luci :wave
luci HT Mod wrote:
hopefully Pippy will leave this one rather than transfer it to Flights. ;)

No problem :)
My friends usually go with Thomas Cook. They went to Vegas recently with them and because they didn't pay for meals it was clearly marked on their tickets. NO MEALS. They were served meals with all the other people on board even when they mentioned that they hadn't paid for them. If your ticket doesn't mention it, I expect you will get a meal.

Something that they didn't like that has not happened in previous years, was that they were not sat together even though they checked in very early on the day of the flight. They didn't pay the extra charge when they booked and were stuck quite a way apart from each other. On the way home they were checked in as sat together, so they think they might have just encountered a "jobsworth" at Manchester airport. Sad that you have to pay extra to sit together.
hi.....just returned from cuba.with thomas cook..and every body got meals on board paid for them or not......
regards..j.d.......
Oh thanks for all the replies and extra thanks to Pippy and Luci for making an exception in this case.
I have emailed Fly Thomas Cook.com now so hopefully I'll get a reply soon if not I will try to phone again.
We once went to Ibiza with Sunset Holidays and paid extra for the meals but as it was Iberian everyone got a meal regardless of whether they had paid or not.
I wrote and complained when I got home and received a cheque for the amount paid and an apology.

Sue :)
If your ticket doesn't mention it, I expect you will get a meal.

I forgot to mention, I only have the print out from the computer with the details on, we haven't any tickets yet, they will be sent in the post a couple of weeks before so I can't really wait that late to see what they say.

I just looked at my invoice from last year. It doesn't mention meals, but we got them. I think you are right to email them to make sure though. I hope you have a great trip.
Problem solved: I've just received an email from flyThomasCook.com confirming that we have booked meals, thank you for all your help and advise.

trouble is my flights were booked in the last 3 weeks ... and the lady at Thomas Cook said people are now being given the option of buying a meal because of the fuel situation and rising prices. Anyone booked and flown withing the last 3 week?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.