Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I am goining on a cruise in April and travelling with a friend. She is 78 and got insurance from I think it is called World Wide Insurance underwritten by AXA Sun Life
She needed World Wide including the USA and the cover is for 17 night. Has some blood pressure so needed declared pre existing conditions.
For the Policy it cost £162. I have read the Policy Documents and it has very wide cover. Myself I have insurance through my Bank Account for which I pay £10 cost for that particular current account. I changed to this account because holiday insurance was part of the deal as well as some private health care. Also cover for all card as well as all sorts of card fraud.

Sue
Thanks glynis, the medical part is really important for us, any company reccomedations, anyone?
You might be better posting in the thread linked above as there are a few posts in there from members who have/had medical problems. Good Luck :tup
Direct Travel Insurance policies cover cruises.

luci :wave
We use Direct too - but one thing to watch is that they do not cover Cuba, so no good for the Thomson and Fred Olsen cruises which call there.
How do you know if an insurance company is reputable or not? I allways look to see if a travel company is abta bonded when booking a holiday, but not sure what to check when dealing with insurance company :think
Make sure they are authorised and regulted by the FSA Financial Services Authority. Which means that they have to trade under the FSA terms and conditions.
If your bank offers accounts(even pay ones) with travel cover it can be worth a look especialy if you can use some of the other features.

One advantage over annual policies is they offer continuous cover and with some joint account 2 individual covers for one payment..
Thanks windjammer, finding it a bit of a pain arranging our travel insurance as my parents are over 75 and have medical conditions and myself and hubby have medical conditions to :duh
Staysure do travel insurance with pre-existing medical conditions, they are FSA regulated, I have no idea on their pricing though - might be worth a look.

http://www.staysure.co.uk/travel-insurance?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=travel%20insurance%20for%20over%2075&utm_campaign=Senior%20Citizens
Just make sure that the policy covers cruises as not all of them do.

Also make sure that you declare any new medical conditions that occur as you won't have the annual renewal to prompt you.

luci :wave
Remember that cancellation cover for relatives getting ill can require notifying of their conditions.

Sometimes you have to self insure some risks, on our current booking for June we have multiple events(with other family members) that would require notification for cancelation and the insurance would probably have had us cancell since there were no penalties at the time.
Miss Pink wrote:
Staysure do travel insurance with pre-existing medical conditions, they are FSA regulated, I have no idea on their pricing though - might be worth a look.

Personally I would stay away from Staysure. We have annual worldwide cover with them. When it seemed we would lose our cruise due to the BA strike I called them to clarify the position...no they would not pay for lost cruise :que . Fortunately the flight was on, otherwise we would have lost £4000. I really think the insurance regulation needs a shake up. Shall be having a long browse before choosing another insurer. We actually paid extra for premium cover too :duh
My insurance is with AXA through my credit card account though I am not covered for previous conditions, however long ago they were. I have recently had a nightmare with them following an accident in Tunisia last autumn. They made a difficult situation considerably worse.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.