Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Is there nobody out there that has went with Thomas Cook and stayed at these apartments. Please if anybody is out there please can you get back to me. Thank you for your help in this

sharonc from scotland
hi can anyone help i have read mixed reviews about this place and i am quite confused 1st of all they are not apartments but studios.also some people say there is a tv in the room but for a price so if anyone as stayed here is there a tv and how much?also is there a kettle and a toaster as its self catering and what do you have to pay as breakage deposit as thats different also :cheers
Hi porker i too am going there next month 22 june and i too would like to know about all this as well i have read on reviews about having to hire kettle andf toaster but went into thomas cook where i booked my holiday and they said that is all included so not sure what to believe the reviews or the travel agents i also phoned up the hotel and asked about the cost as well here is the prices they told me.
tv 120.00 euros a week
microwave 60.00 euros a week
safety deposit box 21.00 euros a week which is not in your studio but down at front desk.
as for breakage i was told from thomas cook it is 60.00 euros but u get that back at the end of your holiday if there is no breakages.
but i will let you know when i come back if you go befor me can u come back on and let me know please .

sharonc
scotland
thanks sharon,them prices are scandelous we go on 12th may weather looking not to good so a tv would come in handy for the rainy days but i dont think my hubby will pay that lol.with all that it is a big chunk out of your spends :cheers
for 60 euro u can buy a new microwave here ...
Hi Spanish80 Yes i can believe that i think it is a bit over the top for 1 week but i will not be hiring the maicrowave will just have to put up with the 2 ring cooker if i need to cook i am hoping to go out in the evening for meals if it is not to dear to eat out for a family of 3 so just be using the apartment for snacks

sharonc
scotland
Hi Porker not heard from you since you got back from your holiday. Can you update me with what the appartments are like getting nervous about the appartments now it is getting closer to going only have 4weeks left to find out as much as possible about where we will be staying does it have a kettle and toaster in the room.
Please can you get back to me with lots of information on the appartments

Please Please Please can you get back to me

sharonc
scotland
Hi Sharon,just booked Inter.11 yesterday for 2 weeks in Jul/Aug, 2 Ad + 2Kds.Thought we got a good deal until we read the reviews ! Who do we believe ? One review is excellent and then the next is a nightmare !We`ll be your friend for life if you tell us how you get on in June - Enjoy yourself anyway and dont get stressed-You`re goin for the sun ! :wave:
Hi Feggy yes i know what you mean about the reviews i have worrying thoughts on this matter as well. I was waiting for a reply from someone else that has been there but still not heard from her so getting a bit worried now as it is only 2wks tomorrow when i head out and i would have liked to know as much as possible as well. But when i get back i will put on a review here and send you a private pm as well if you want. Hope i enjoy myself when i do get there .Tho i am a bit worried about this swine flu as it is right on my door step now just hope none of us come down with it before we head out or our holiday will be ruined as a result of it .speak soon

sharonc
scotland
cheers Sharon,appreciate that,dont be worrying. :sun2
hi sharon am booked to go 24th august for 2 weeks like you am a bit worried what to expect when we get there have read some really good reviews but also some really awful ones to just dont know what to believe so any info you could tell us about the apartments good or bad would be very gratefully received as there is 13 of us going so would like to be as prepared as much as i can hope you have a great holiday
No problem i will put a review on the hotel reviews page and put a post on this page to let you all know that i have posted in the hotels page
sharonc
scotland
Just a quick post befor i fly out on mon.
I phoned the hotel up and asked for a few details and for
breakage deposit you have a choice to pay in euro's or english notes
in Euro's is 100 euros breakage deposit
OR
in English is £100 breakage deposit
but you get that back when you leave. My suggestion is in english notes becouse like me if you are flying back home soon after vacating the hotel room then you dont have much time to spend your euros. But if you pay in english notes then at least you have some cash to bring home with you without having to change it back and loosing out on the exchange rate when you get back home.
Hope this helps a few of you's that are going to this hotel in the near futer.

sharonc
scotland
Sharon !!! Hope you`re still alive ! Please put us out of our misery !
Hello Feggy,

I'm not sure if SharonC will be back on the forums or not :que

She has been online in the forum since her return to add a post to the complaints forum (this was to do with her flight home and not the actual holiday).

She mentions in the post that she had the best 2 weeks ever so hopefully this will reassure you. Unfortuntely she did not get much sympathy from fellow HT members regarding the problems with her journey home and ended her last message with 'I won't bother you again'.

Maybe she will return to the Costa Dorada forum though??

Here is the link to the complaint section, her post is a bit further down the page:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=134244&start=0

Cheers
Mark :cheers
am gutted was really looking forward to reading her review of the apartments and also to ask her a few questions about salou its self hopefully sharon will be back but i am glad she seemed to have a great holiday and sounds like she got her deposit back with no problems so thats one less thing for me to worry about pity about the return journey we had a simillar experience at zante airport last year but luckily was only a few kilos still not a nice experience have paid for an extra 5 kilos this year just to be safe 6 weeks on monday to go cant wait :cheers
dont worry liverbird,we go on the 22 july,will post on this site and give you the info - Feggy doesn`t let people down ! Be in touch .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.