America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I would like to know as well as we are thinking of going to this hotel next year. The reviews I have seen are kinda mixed so can anyone help? We are probably gonna fly with Virgin - are they the best airline to go to Florida with?
Thanks
We stayed in the Quality Inn I drive four years ago and had no problems but haven't been there since.

Out of all the airlines we've used to go to Florida I would rate Virgin as the best. One of the advantages of using them is their check in service at Downtown Disney. You check your bags in for your return flight and are free to do some last minute shopping before going to the airport (they have shuttles from there if you are not driving). We did this last year and it was a much better end to the holiday than sitting around the hotel waiting for the coach to pick us up.
For our party airtours is cheaper than virgin :P
...just keep in mind the comfort of the 9 hour flight with Airtours/My Travel
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d88235-Reviews-Quality_Inn_International_Dr-Orlando_Florida.html

Have you checked out the trip advisor reviews? I was booked here but have decided not to stay due to the mixed reviews and seeing it last December when I was in Orlando, I've booked a villa instead.
I have but the place we went to last year had mixed reviews and it was great sometimes you have to just take a risk, unfortunately budget doesnt stretch to villa :P
Hi there are two Quality Inns on ID, Quality inn and the Quality inn plaza both are really good, BUT I see that you have 3 children in your party does this mean 5 of you in one room?, not a lot of sleep then I would advise maybe a 3 bed villa.
Some of the cheaper opperators have now upgraded their planes (TRAVEL CITY DIRECT) but I say you should not fly in anything smaller than a jumbo jet (747) of course this is my feeling but I am 6 foot and slighty over 18 stone so yes the extre leg room and bigger seat is a blessing.
Bryn
So-Stay in a villa (look on teletext for holidays with flights with virgin)
Fly with Virgin,BA,TCD
Take an empty suitcase inside an other one(for that extre shopping).
How one more tip how are you paying for your holiday? Credit card if you phone Halifax or MBNA and ask for a balance transver of money to either of their cards ask for 6.9%H 4.9% MBna
free kids meals - I think you'll find that many of the eating joints on I Drive offer free kids meals anyway:

http://www.internationaldriveorlando.com/directory/dining.asp
When I was looking for a villa I had quotes starting from £625 for the fortnight, they can be really affordable and think of the extra space and cooking facilities. Even if you have toast and cereal there, for a family of 5 that's quite a saving on eating out at breakfast times. You'll also have your own pool.
Worth considering.
We stayed at the QI Plaza in December 2001 with 3 kids, 2 under 11. The meals were OK but overpriced, it usually worked out cheaper to eat out.

Both QIs are basic 3* hotels, the rooms are usable but noisy due to the aircon usints and proximity to the I-4 if you get a room at the rear of the hotels.

The QI at 7600 I-Drive is about £27 a night and the Plaza around £45. Given the small diference in price I'd certainly look for a 3 bed villa, we've just booked for October at £325pw (£46pn) the difference is unbelievable, you have so much more space & pivacy, meals are much cheaper as you're not eating out every time.

You can get a 3 bed condo or villa from around £260pw depending on what time of year you go, have a look here,

http://www.floridavillaoptions.com/index.htm

http://www.holiday-rentals.com/index.cfm/fa/find.regions/reg_refno/134

Here's a couple of links for the hotels,

http://www6.choicehotels.com/ires/en-gb/html/HotelInfo?sid=Fqtci.SycY2gDazi.6&hotel=FL106

http://www6.choicehotels.com/ires/en-gb/html/HotelInfo?sid=Fqtci.SycY2gDazi.6&hotel=FL190
We went with airtours/mytravel to orlando last year - we couldnt fault them but would rather go with virgin as they also send you to the better hotels - we stayed at the Ramada Inn or Inns and suites as it's now called and was such a dump. The hotel you mentioned was one of our choices when we went - we should have chose yours!!
I went last year with a 5 and 10 year old and found the hotel great for familes the food was ok, the onl think lacking was that it could do with an outdoor playarea, apart from that it was great.
Sam x
Hi,

Having been to florida many times I would advise, like other posters, a villa every time for the space, comfort, own pool - there is no comparison between a villa and a hotel. Travel City do all inclusive, flights, car and villa at a very affordable price and I believe that the villas are in good areas, close to the parks and their jumbos are upgraded from May this year.

We always book flights, car and villa independently and, as other posters advise, you can get beautiful villas at a reasonable price, especially 3 bed ones and you would have your own pool and more freedom. The other advantage to this is that you can actually look inside the villa on the 'net before you book it. If you wait until nearer the time you can get special offers - we have had some lovely villas doing it this way - at huge reductions. Give it a try.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks all most helpful i will have a look at prices again for the villas but when you are one couple more or less filling a 6 bed villa its difficult thanks again :P :P :P :P :P
Louise, with 2 children you really will appreciate the difference a villa will make, a 3 bedroomed villa or a condo/town house will give you so much more space, privacy and all the comforts of home, a fully equiped kitchen, washing machine and dryer, the extra space for the children to play without being under your feet in a single hotel room.

We've got 3 children 10, 14 & 17 and have use both hotels and villas depending on our budget at the time, our next trip in October is with just the 2 youngest and we've booked a 3 bed villa for £325pw which is no more than one of the better hotels rooms or suites, it's only about £60pw more than the majority of 2*/3* hotels on I-Drive, it really does make a huge difference to the holiday knowing you have a "home" to come back to unwind in each evening.
Sorry wickchick, can't agree with your comment on Virgin sending you to 'better hotels'. We went to orlando in 2003 with Virgin and were booked into the Villager Premier.(check out the hotel comments) I wouldn't put a dog in there, though we did see one. We moved the next morning. We went last year with Thomson and were in the Quality Inn International. Found it clean and comfortable and in a great, central position for restaurants and pubs(have a 9 year old who likes to play pool) but we did not eat there so I can't comment on the food. There were plenty going into the dining room though but we wanted to try all the different restaurants up and down I Drive, which we did.
We are going again next Thursday, this time with Travel City Direct and staying in the Q I again by choice.
We satyed at Quality Inn International in Jan 03. Our initial impression as we drove in was not good but no need to panic! Security seems good and although basic the room had everything we needed and was comfortable and a reasonable size. We used the restaurant now and then which was good value. We weren't keen on the busy location but it was handy for eating out so good for facilities and very central.
We had a great holiday and would use the hotel again if we were looking to stay on I Drive.
Hi there,I have just read the latest review on Quality Inn International and it has left me scared!.I booked the holiday knowing i was booking a low cost holiday with room only an hire car for the same as what it would cost me 2 weeks AI in(My favorite place Tenerife!)to Canaries.I read the reviews before i booked and was happy that this motel would be a good base for our holiday...Have i made a mistake!??Any info would be greatly appreciated.I am not looking for 5 star but i would rather waver my small deposit than be really fed up and disssapointed when we get there.Any info guys?!Thank you...Scottishstrawberryx
theres nothing to worry about strawberry most hotels along international drive are of the same standard weve stopped in 3 different ones and theres not much to choose between most of them.Theres plenty of great and cheap places to eat around that hotel and if its your first visit to florida you got 7 theme parks to visit plenty of days shopping to do and other things to do as long as your room got enough beds and tidy thats all you we be using it for and if you not happy with it do complain and im sure they would find you a better room.im sure you find the hotel and room of same standard as in tenerife since ive been to florida/america i havent wanted to go anywhere else since,have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.