Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Whilst I think the maid & her boyfriends behavior was not acceptable, I'm amazed that you did not keep your passports, tickets, and mobile phone in a safe, or on your person! Why did you not go to see the the owner/manager of the Irini apartments to complain, or go see your/a holiday rep?
Everyone to their own, but why did you have a laptop on holiday?
I took my laptop etc, for work reasons which is my perogative. I dont ask other peoples permision to do this thank you,and it does not give the maid and her boyfriend an excuse to do what they did! If i wore my gold wedding ring would it give someone the right to take it cause i shouldnt be wearing gold?

My stuff was in a safe place in a locked bedroom. The maid had keys to these which she totally abused. My food was in the fridge and my beverages it was obvious i had not left the accomadation! I appreciate you asking why i never had them in person, had i been mugged you would have asked why i never left them somewhere safe and whilst they were in a locked room, in a locked building i would consider them safe! My wife went topless on the beach are you from the people can rape you brigade as your wearing little clothing? The accomodation was small with only 3 rooms it was not a mass hotel! May i also add the accomodation was in a private garden with locked gated access.
intervoice wrote:
Whilst I think the maid & her boyfriends behavior was not acceptable, I'm amazed that you did not keep your passports, tickets, and mobile phone in a safe, or on your person! Why did you not go to see the the owner/manager of the Irini apartments to complain, or go see your/a holiday rep?
Everyone to their own, but why did you have a laptop on holiday?

May i also add the apartments did not offer any safe as it is very small, being in a locked room in a locked apartment in a locked private garden i would assume i had taken all possible steps! I hope someone does the same to you, if i had left my car unlocked in the street whether foolish or not it would not give anyone the right to take it!

My laptop is my living pays my mortgage gives me an income, it also has a great dvd player for late evenings, i also had some alcohol and consumed some fattening food hope this is ok! On the balcony at night i smoked soe fine cigars i hope you dont question this either!
Calm down! In your first post you did not say that there were only three rooms, and that it had locked gates etc..
It it advisable to give ALL the facts when telling of your predicament. I personally would have had my valuables like tickets, passports, mobile etc.. on my person, or locked in a safe (of which there are plenty available). But that's just me.
As for the rest of your second post, a bit over the top don't you think?
Must admitt that its very poor what the maid did to the original poster and probably down to poor communication. I also would always keep passports & tickets in the safe and if one didnt exist keep them on me.

Im not quite sure what you expect Direct holidays to do about the actions of one individual maid.

The last part of the second post was still way over the top, the bit about topless sunbathing and rape. :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.