General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Hi doe, Amazon are advertising the boxed set of Series 1 and it looks to be a subtitled version aimed at the English market. I saw it when it went out on BBC4 and it's definitely worth seeing. This series is a bit of slow burner so far but I've not caught up with last night's episodes yet. I've become a bit of an addict of this Saturday evening subtitled slot but I have a backlog of Montalbano to get through - great when there's nothing decent on.

SM
Thanks SM, I will have a look at amazon and I would also be interested in Montablano as well.

I do have problems getting round to watching them in their set slots, but that's not an issue really.

I didn't realise I would get on so well with them, and when the alternative is some rubbish called splish :que it's a no brainer really, even if I have to read sub titles.
Doe can you give me a quick review of what Borgwe is about?
It's about the Danish Prime Minister and the various political and personal challenges she goes through (I assume it is fiction but based on fact) unfortunately I didn't see the first series. I am resorting to subtitled drama as I am not great with reality TV especially the lower level/corrupt stuff.

Just read that back and realise it sounds deadly dull, but I didn't find it so, it has depth and realism, well to me it does.
Hi Doe and Kiltman, your synopsis pretty much sums up the 1st series too but it was far from boring! It starts with a hung election and the the negotiations about the forming of a coalition government and which party will get which ministries/departments etc. Sound a bit familiar? I think that Series 1 initially took off and became so popular because of current events here in the UK but the characterisations are so good - it's not just about the political wheeling and dealing. There isn't a great deal of plot really, what keeps me interested is the really good balance between the political infighting and the personal stories of the characters.

SM
Thanks Doe & SM might try and catch that and see what I think :tup
If you don't like it Graham you can always tune into Celeb Big Brother :rofl
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
Thanks Doe & SM might try and catch that and see what I think :tup

If you haven't seen series one and you can manage to track that down somehow on some kind of catch up TV you might be better of doing that first off, as then if you like it you will have the second series to look forward to whereas if you don't like it, it won't matter which series you catch.

I am kicking myself for not watching the first series.

Glynis I can live quite happily without CBB series a million or whatever they are up to :rofl :rofl I don't think I am the right demographic for it. :rofl

Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.