Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
You didn;t pick the best hotel for kids,been to the Ereso twice and the Caribe twice and they are full of kids in August.
Although I'm a great lover of Ibiza - and Es Cana in particular, you may want to consider somewhere like Salou (sorry for posting in this forum :shush )

Flying to Reus the Airport is only about 20 mins from the resort centre, but the big attaction for kids/families is Port Aventura - the nearest thing to a Disney stye resort outside of USA or Paris I beleive.
i think es cana is loads better for kids than salou,have been to both.salou is like a load of high rise buildings with a beach,i loved port aventura,but parts of salou are seedy.es cana is like a villiage,seems very safe(within reason).i agree on the choice of hotel,the miami is popular also. mo.
We (35 year old mum and boys age 8 and 4) stayed in Menorca last summer (Victoria playa hotel in Santa tomas) Absolutely brilliant for the kids..... my 8 year old made so many friends! Worth a look at!
Hi,
Have you tried any of the Fiesta hotels in Playa Den Bossa?.We are going to the Club Don Toni this year in July and the reviews are excellent.We stayed at the Algarb last year and the kids met lots of friends and had their best holiday ever.The Fiesta team really make the kids holiday and most of the hotels also have a Thomsons kids club.As for the resort it has a brilliant Waterpark,2 carnivals and a host of activities[Trampolines,mini golf,riding the bull etc] for children to enjoy.It also has family friendly bars and probably one of the best beaches in Ibiza.I have been to Gran Canaria,Algarve,Benidorm,Majorca,Tenerife etc,etc and for me PDB and Ibiza beat them hands down.
Thanks guys. Some excellent information here. Judging by the comments of hillbandee, Playa De En Bossa sounds just perfect. I would be grateful if hillbankdee or other users could clarify a few points:

1. When we went to Hotel Anfora Playa in Ibiza last year, there was a guy (Toni) and a girl (Anna), who worked shifts to provide entertainment IN THE DAYTIME. This was particularly useful, as my son is not the type to sit still sunbathing. He is a lively 10 year old who needs to be on the go all day (Ie, swimming, football, games etc). As I said, Toni & Anna were brilliant, because they were employed by the hotel to organise kids games and activities (Swimming races, archery, bar games). This meant I was able to relax, and indeed take part in some!. Therefore, whatever I choose or wherever we go, it would need to include a similar arrangement (Kids activities organised by the hotel etc).

2. This is probably the most important. We are on a budget, and luckilly have recently won a pair of flights to anywhere in Europe (only Jet2.com destinations) with Jet2.com on a radio phone in. So I was intending to use the free flights to Ibiza, and book the hotel direct myself. However, does this mean my son would not be able to take part in the activities organised by the hotel because we didn't book with the tour company (Thompson/Thomas Cook etc)? I ask this, because I get the impression that if you don't book the whole package (Flights & hotel) through the tour operator (Thompson/Thomas Cook etc), then you are not allowed to take part in the activities organised by them. If this is the case, then that's fine. I'm not after something for nothing. I'd just hate to get there and find out that my son would not be allowed to take part in activities because he wasn't a member of 'the club' etc.

3. Basically, if I can make it simpler, I am just looking to book a hotel only (Not flights, because I want to use my free flights), to somewhere like Ibiza that has a great kids club.

Hope you've not all fallen asleep now.

Thanks all
Hi well if you were thinkin of the Don Toni as Hillbankdee suggested then the entertainment is all day every day .

It doesn't matter how you book it , your son can join in.
They have games for the kids and adults so plenty to keep him and you occupied.
They also have the choice of upgrading to all inclusive drinks or all inclusive drinks and snacks which includes lunch.
Helps a bit with the budget.
Thanks Mackem.

However, I have just rang Thompson direct, and they quoted me nearly £900 per week for a room, for half board, no flights included! I can tell you this, last year, with the help of the great people on this site, I managed to book a whole holiday to Es Cana (Anfora Playa) for LESS than that! Can you offer any more advice?

Thanks
Hi Williamrobb88

Try e-mailing the hotels direct or look for the site that lists hotels in playa den bossa and book through that.Fiesta group hotels have their Hope this helps!!own animacion teams so your son would always be allowed to join in,we usually go to Bahamas Club hotel but it has changed hands this year so until we've been I cannot recommend it,it was a fiesta hotel and we've been 3 times our friends 9 times.

Hope this helps a bit !!
As Oscarben says Fiesta have their own website where you can book direct with them.

Or try alpharooms or the hotel club.

What dates are you trying for?
Thanks guys

Looking to go for 7 nights, and am flexible and can depart from around 21st to 28th August.

Thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.