Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
It does seem very quiet, I agree. I'm a member of a number of Menorca forums and they are a fair bit busier than this one.
Yes very quiet all round, maybe people not booking as much.

Have to say as a regular visitor to Menorca the package prices have increased at least 15-25% on previous years.

Wayne, what other forums are there? Thanks Mick.
Just google Menorca forums,it comes up with lots.

Maryb
Yes it's quiet on here...I keep on checking for new posts (gets me in the holiday mood!) and they are certainly thin on the ground. I read that the hoteliers and bar owners are expecting a quiet season so perhaps the lack of posts is indicative of this. Oh well...more room on the beach for me ;)
:tup
Umm and me too hopefully we have got flights out there for a month but as yet not booked anywhere to stay, We would like to go back to calen bosch again but they are coming out a bit pricey unless some kind soul can surgest some where :que

Pip
x
Hi Walks :wave: Oh dear - sorry you're still not sorted. Can't really help on the accomodation but hope you get something booked soon...failing that a tent on the beach maybe? Would be a shame to waste those flights!
Walks if you don't mind me asking what is pricey? I've looked a couple up and one was around £400 sterling (i think), but i pay in Euros as i'm in Ireland at the moment.
:tup
Hi mick ,
is that for a wk and is it in calen bosch, and what type of accomodtion is it i need s/c as we wont be able to afford to go out every day for food. :(
And yes nic really dont want to waste our flights as they where a very good price at the time,When we brought the fights we did not know then that we would be buying a property as well (as we live in a rented house on school grounds and they think they may need it back:yikes ). So now we need to be a little more careful on what we can afford. maybe we will have to go some where else on the island that is a little cheaper then go there for our last two wks.

Hope to hear from you all soon with any advice.

Pip
x
Hi walks, sory just seen you going early August, price i quoted was late June/early July. I'd say you'll be looking at £600-650 for s/c. Try the ROC hotel group fairly good, and the best sites i found for booking direct are the actual menorcan ones (just do a search), and not Trip Advisor etc.
It probably is quiet this year and expensive as some hotels have problems getting enough guests to keep open. Read in another forum that some hotels that are part of complexes have shut parts of the least booked. So there might be a bit of a walk to the restaurant or some were even moved to another hotel. I guess that makes sense for them but for us it still keep the prices up. Don't know about July/ August should be better then but already last year the staff at the hotel we go to found it quieter than before so...
We usually go self catering in Menorca but this year due to the exchange rate and credit crunch its half board in Pineda on the Costa Brava. I love the beaches on the south coast of the Island- Son Bou, Sant Tomas etc but it really was getting too expensive-year by year. We did price up half board holidays in Menorca but they were all £1000's more than the holiday we eventually booked, plus a hire car is a must(extra £400). So its goodbye Menorca for now. :cry
trayfenny wrote:
they were all £1000's more than the holiday we eventually booked, plus a hire car is a must(extra £400)

I assume there must be a few of you going then for more than 1 week. I found a detached 3 bed 2 bath villa with pool in Cala Galdana within 5 mins for £1068 end of June (including flights for two). A 5 door Corsa is typically £157.
July 25th-8th Aug, have another look, very expensive. The Corsa is useless when you need to cater for mum dad teenager & 5 year old with 2 x lilos, doughnut, bags, beach brolly sunshades, picnic, bags of suncream, drinks, towels, bucket and spade....blimey....5 door safira last year, try and get that for less than £400 on those dates. Anyhow I booked the Golden Taurus in Pineda half board for £2628!! with a train service up and down the coast to places like Barcelona so I'm really looking forward to it although i believe the beach isnt suitable for the young one, sea shelves deeply pretty immediatley I'm told. Cant beat Son Bou...
Fair enough. I estimated it on a mum, dad and a couple of kids.

Have a nice time in Pineda, Son Bou next year maybe.
just a footnote-cheapest avis car available for 2 weeks on these dates is the little 1.9 corsa but its £601!! thats approx £230 increase from bigger safira last year.
We managed really well with a little 4 door 1.2 Corsa last year...Mom, Dad,2 kids, pushchair, beach umbrella, drinks, towels, football, armbands, rubber ring, beach mats, food, cooler bag,buckets, spades, I could go on ...no probs! Didn't do the lilos or doughnuts though ;)

We have booked a Corsa again for this August...10 days through Holiday Autos £260 this includes cancellation cover and excess waiver which I think is good.

I think some of the accomodation has increased in price but we have managed to get apartments for £100 less than we paid last year.
Our holiday has cost us £500 more this year - but as theres 5 of us we have paid more as we are split in 2 rooms. This cost is also for a month later than we went last year.
Our holiday will be about £180 more than last year because they changed the flights for us so I have to change the hotel booking etc. Otherwise I got it for the same price as last year around, £2600 for 2 adults and 3 children HB. Same hotel, same dates with a tour operator would have been at least £1000 more expensive...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.