Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I think you'll find that it is pretty normal practice if not a bit heartless.

Sarah
I have always vacated my room at 12 midday but have never been told the AI finishes then.
I have always been able to use the AI facility until I have left the hotel.
I would have argued the point that I have paid for 7 or 14 days and as I didnt arrive until 3 am on my second day I wasnt getting what I had paid for.
yes its quite standard to have your room vacated at 12 o clock this allows the cleaners to do their work so that the rooms are ready for the next guests...
you can have the option of booking another room for a few hours if you have a late flight for a small fee from the hotel.
i have never heard of the AI being stopped though untill you leave for the airport.
Normal procedure. Even though they didn't arrive till the early hours the rroom was available from the previous day. When we used to package holidays we always advised clients that they would be 'homeless' from 12 noon and asked if they wanted to book another night. It's also quite common for the AI to cease. I have had to hand wristbands back on checking out.
Just to agree with what everybody says.
When you book your holiday you book for a specific amount of nights e.g. 7,14 etc. They always have the rooms ready for occupancy in the afternoon pre-arrival of your evening/night flight, meaning that that night is counted as your first night even if you don't arrive at the hotel until the early hours of the morning. So in your particular case they would class your 7th/14th night as the Fridaynight, therefore needing to vacate by noon the next day.
Hope this makes sense.
Yes shirley is correct there . We always stay A/I and have never had it stopped even when we hav'nt left until 2am after vacating our normal room at 12pm. Maybe in a smaller establishment they would :think
Thanks follks!

Im really dissapointed with the All Inclusive being stopped as my family did not budget for paying for meals & drinks for a day.
You would think a Big hotel chain like the Barcelo would accomodate you by giving you a courtesy room. I put a post on Gran canaria discussion forum with a few other problems regards the staff at this hotel.
my family only booked this place as a last minute as they were originally supposed to be going to Turkey but the tour op went bust & they had 24 hrs to book something else..so its been a big waste of £3000 and they still have to claim half this money back!!
We are not talking a small family run establishment here and I would also find that very disappointing practise by the Barcelo chain. :(
I agree. I think that is very poor. and shortsighted as people will come back and tell others. I think the 12 noon thing is very common as the room will ahve been booked and reserved from 12 noon the previous day and the hotel will not have been able to use it for anyone else. But I really dont see why they would stop the AI then as the food and drink is all sitting there anyway. Been to 3 or 4 AI's and have been able to eat and drink up till departure, but have always had to leave room at either 10am, 11 am or 12 noon depending on the individual hotels policy.
I think it's totally wrong of them to stop the AI as you hadn't used it on the arrival day. The room chucking out time is quite normal - on the day of arrival it is available from usually 3pm so was not in use until they arrived at 3am but they obviously would not have liked to have to wait until 3pm the next day if the prior occupants had been on the same flights and kept the room until their departure time, if that makes sense.
Seems to me there are two problems or topics here.

First we have the hoary old question what makes a holiday 7/10/14 nights. You and I would consider a 3 or 4 am arrival as the morning but TOs seem to consider getting to bed at 5.00am and getting up at 7.30 as a night. People have questioned this before.

You do not say if you went independent or with a TO. If the latter then perhaps a formal complaint to them, in writing not email, regarding the cut off of the AI would be in order. We normally go AI and it is the first time I have heard of this happening.

fwh
to be fair to the hotel, you have arrived very late and so missed probably dinner, snacks and drinks on your first day. that is not the hotels fault, but the TO who have booked you on flights that have arrived at a late hour.
the next guests could well arrive and expect access to their room at 3pm and so get their dinner etc. should the hotel have to cater for 2 lots of guests who are apparently staying in the same room?
the facilities were available for you to take advantage of, so it's not their fault you did not.
are the hotel supposed to give you a bottle of vodka to take home, because you had a couple of nights when you went out and went to bed sober?
these cut off times are almost always in the terms and conditions that we never read until after the event, if we can still find them in that safe place we put them to read later.
you have got what you paid for, and while some hotels may let you still benefit from the AI on your last day, i doubt you would find this in their T&c's. it would just be done on a good relations basis.
We live about 4 kilometre from Lara Beach and all the 5*AI Hotels that are there.During the off peak season we and frriends take advantage of the special offers.We check out at 12-00 noon and leave our bags in the luggage room.We then are are at liberty to stay until we wish to leave and it is AI. with no questions asked.Thats the norm here maybe not elsewhere but This is Turkey. !

Ãâ€ΕΎÃ‚±AN
To jimdf your quote ''the facilities were available for you to take advantage of, so it's not their fault you did not.
are the hotel supposed to give you a bottle of vodka to take home, because you had a couple of nights when you went out and went to bed sober?''

The facilities of All inc were NOT there to be taken advantage of!!..the hotel staff waved the biggest pair of scissors in my sisters face and cut her band off at 12noon , if we were to go and help ourselves anyway would be stealing...so what you on about??...and whats with the vodka comment?? one of the bar staff also made a fuss about why we asked for smirnoff when it was made clear by the reps this was included in the AI option.

This holiday was a last minute through no fault of ours we try to make the most of a bad situation.

fwh You do not say if you went independent or with a TO. If the latter then perhaps a formal complaint to them, in writing not email, regarding the cut off of the AI would be in order. We normally go AI and it is the first time I have heard of this happening.

Booked through TC day before travel as original holiday to Turkey went t**s up through scotravel
Can I remind all members to read the T & C about posting and how to conduct yourselves on the forums. Your opinions maybe different but there is no need for anyone to be rude.

Sarah
I think Jim meant the facilities were there from 3pm on your first day even though you didn't arrive until much later! Technically you could have checked in at 3pm but obviously couldn't if you're not even there! So therefore, on the last day if the next people are in by 3pm and they let you dine and drink too then the AI would be double booked!
However I think they should let you dine/ eat until you leave if they know you havent' dined/ ate on your first day!
Sorry if you think im being rude ...just a wee bit defensive..What about jim with the big scary face... ;)
I have no wish to upset anyone but I think all the replies agree, it is not the usual experience for the AI to be cut off in this way. We can express OUR OWN opinions forever and still not resolve your dilemma.

As you have now confirmed that you went with a TO (Thos Cook) the answer is to contact them. A short letter of complaint explaining the circumstances and seeking reimbursement of the additional (sensible) costs incurred is all that is required. It should be sent by recorded delivery/signed for service - not email.

Whilst the initial reply will no doubt be really nothing more than an acknowledgement, when you receive a reply of substance then repost here - members may be able to assist further but at present we are going round in circles.

fwh
Angie . did they actually say your A/I was being stopped at that point or is it vaquely possible they were just being helpful with a pair of scissors at the time and thought you were leaving at that point .

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.