General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I too have head this statement before and couldn't tell you how true it is as I personally don't know anyone who has ever done it although we do have a travel agent at our airport and I've seen offers leaving in a couple of days time. I wouldn't just turn up on spec though and expect to get something for the same day - too scary for me!! ;0)
There is no travel agent at Bristol airport anymore and you would not get a flight to Barbados from there anyway, so would not think it was true.
Bristol are my local airport. Long haul - you can get flights direct to New York, Orlando, Dominican Republic and Cuba.

I know that they do their own travel brochure (I picked one up last year when we landed) detailing every possible resort across Europe etc. All, I assume, with the tour operator who provide the holidays. They are also quite a bit cheaper if I remember correctly. This may be what your friend is referring to.

The website is Bristol Holidays

Sarah :)
:D I have also heard of this (but don't know if it is true), someone who we got "talking" to in benidorm told me they often packed up, and went to their nearest airport, and got a cheap holiday this way. I was also told, that it is possible to do this, and just pay for the names changed on the tickets, - this way, getting an even cheaper holiday!

I'd love to know whether this is true or not (Perhaps it was years and years ago?) If anyone has done this I'd love to know - would even consider doing it myself!

Regards, BBB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.