Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Weather wise, a very difficult question to answer there boots!!!! I've lived here 18 years and the weather is unpredictable at the beginning of Jan. I have bbq'd on the beach for New Year, and equally spent 3 years running with pouring rain and power cuts LOL!!!

There will be plenty of bars and restaurants open during this time, and Playa Blanca doesn't tend to be as windy as Costa Teguise. I have to point out though, that this is known as the windy island!!! Also August without wind would probably be unbearable for most people.

HTH :cheers My question to you is that if you vowed never to come back, and you like Gran Canaria, why risk coming and maybe spoiling a 40th birthday?
Thanks madsue
Well I think we chose the wrong resort and wrong hotel, we were all ill and Lanzarote was somewhere I always wanted to visit and seems silly now to have let one bad holiday put me off going back.we went to fuerteventura for a day and enjoyed that,its nice to have a breeze but didnt like the strong winds!I have found some great looking villas in Playa Blanca,beaches and marina look really nice,and we will still be going to Gran Canaria in the summer.Fancy somewhere new I guess!
Boots
:cheers :cheers Glad you're going to give it another go then!! There are some lovely places to visit and PB has some great villas.
Would certainly suggest Playa Blanca, the mountains behind tend to shelter PB from
the wind and break the cloud up. Certainly different weather from Costa Teguise
where that gets the full force of the wind off the sea.

cheers
Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.