Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Yes, I think this forum is quiet too but we havent fallen out with the island. We are going again at the end of June for the 9th year running. What more can I say.
There must be someone out there needs some questions answering.
hi am looking to book again for june have had to wait for gcse dates to be announced so holidays don`t clash with exams, this will be our sixth time, just love the place.
We are going again in July, for the third year. Four months to go...
We are going back to Mar De Menorca for 11 days at the end of May, Can't wait..............we are going to hire a car for the duration of the holiday so we can explore the island, so i think before we go i will be doing some reading up on the island and planning in advance to get the most out of the trip.............any tips of where to go would be most helpfull............cheers........ ;)
Hi All

We're back to Cala'n Bosch for a fortnight in August for the 2nd time (4th to Menorca). I'll be interested to hear the recommendations of places to visit as I plan to hire a car for the 1st time this year. 5 months to go (not counting weeks yet!), can't wait :sun2
Hi,

We are going at Easter, then June this year.We are based in Son Bou, but if your going to hire a car,Mahon is a great day out,on certain days they have a market, there are plenty of shops and it has a great harbour.The glass bottom boat is worth a trip and the restaurants by the harbour are good to.

Ciutadella is worth a visit, and the beach at Cala Galdana is beautiful, also Fornells is quite a nice place to pass an evening.

Alaior has a market night and you can sit in the square having a drink and listening to the band playing.

Everytime we visit we we find something new, explore,have fun and enjoy.
not going this year or the next or the next or the next in fact would not go again sorry just did not like it
We are going to cala n forcat, the first time for us to Menorca. :)
I went to a couple of the prehistoric places last time and liked it. They don't take that long to go through so children wouldn't get too bored. But I guess you have to like that type of thing (as I do) too enjoy.
first time to Menorca this year - Sept - to Cala na Bosch

will happily listen to any tips/recommendions - although have loads of help already thanks to nicjw and linzi xx
cala n bosch hotel 20.7 for 2 weeks can't wait i thought this was a little quiet as well come on you guys start posting!!!
Come on you people, Cala en Bosch 27th June for 2 weeks. Will someone please ask some questions. This forum was buzzing this time last year.

Linsi
Maybe most people that go to this lovely island go again and again, :smile: and therfore no one else is able to get there. It is already fully booked. :wink:
My sister works for a well known travel agents and she says that bookings are about 35% down on this time last year, what with the exchange rate/intrest rates it is only to be expected....it seems a lot of people are tightening the belts................I know myself that when i went to Spain in Sept i got 1.46 euros to the pound, now it is something like 1.24 ( it still wont stop us going )
Not planning to visit this year. We have been 4 times in as many years, toured the whole island and seen and photographed just about everything worth seeing (180 photos uploaded to the Menorca photo gallery to date) so taking a break for a while to visit other places. We will definitely return in a few years though as it's a lovely island.
Were going to cala en bosch last week in august, staying at the Marinda gardens Hotel. First time to Menorca, and we are really looking forward to it. Trying to talk hubby into hiring a car so we can explore the island, especially Ciatudella, which looks lovely with the gothic type buildings.
We go on the 20th of july for 2 weeks to cala n forcat.
Forgot to put the date in the earlier post.
We're off to Cala Galdana for two weeks at the end of July.

First time my holiday has been over the school holidays, so wanted a quieter location, rather than mainland Spain. Used the hotel reviews to chose the hotel and settled with the Confortel Anabel.

Taking 3 kids (10,9 & 4). The 4 yr old will like the kids club, the 10 yr old won't be out of the pool. We've booked with First Choice and staying in one of the Kids Den rooms. Should be a little better for the kids.

Anybody got any top tips on things we mustn't miss while on the Island? Or any ideas of what trips First Choice will try and sell (and are they worth it!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.