Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Thats a difficult question to answer.

Salou is a very large resort and is busy with people of all ages, its pretty much like anywhere, generally its safe but nothing is 100% guaranteed.

I have been to Salou loads of times and have never had any problems at all and thats with being out at all hours.

You don't really get groups of young British drunks in Salou but it does feature in the Club 18-30 brochures of Dutch operators such as GOGO Tours. If you type 'GOGO Salou' in Youtubbe and chose the second video down you will see how they promote the resort, its also extremely popular with Spanish holidaymakers of all ages, in fact Salou is the No1 resort during the Summer for the Spanish.

I've probably just confused you even more but I guess if you are on your own and out until 3 in the morning and got a taxi back to your hotel then your not really gonna get any problems, and there are lots of fellow Brits around (not club 18-30 types) which makes the resort feel quite homely to us from the UK.

Go to the forum on http://www.salou.co.uk/PagesUK/indexUK.html and voice your concerns on there. The site is run by some local Brits & Spanish and would be able to honestly answer your questions.

Thanks
Mark
Thanks a lot Mark

Great Help

Ill probably give Salou a go
Salou is prefectly safe. I`ve been there for the last 4 years prior to this year and found it to be a very friendly place with lots of great bars etc. Its not a "yob resort" like some but very family orientated mainly due to the large theme park just outside town so expect bars with lot of kids in them up until around ten oclock in the evening. The website that the previous poster mentioned is a fanastic source of information about the resort so if you have any question that is the place to ask them.
Hi Samuel, I dont think anywhere can be gaurenteed as 100% safe, just be careful not to take any unnessecary risks, hope you have a great holiday, wish I had the nerve to travel solo!

clare.
:wave: Hi we've been as a family the last five years and had no problems. have you booked accomodation yet and in which location? might be able to help with what to see and do.
Hi Beermat

Not booked yet but thinking about next August staying in either the H10 Delfin park or H10 Europa park.

Have you stayed at these?
:wave:i think the delphin is next to sol piramide hotel in a square and the fox and hounds is a very friendly nice pub.the europa is near the big roundabout just up from the main shopping area and seafront.hope this helps. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.