Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
what hotel are you staying at katiesmum . there really isnt much at all. just dust :cry: although outside of the hilton and concorde there is a small parade of shops where you can get essentials i.e beachwear,pharmacy and I was told an internet cafe for the children who need their fix of msn .

most of the hotels should run a bus service down to Naarm bay but a taxi should only cost you a few pounds
lyn
Hi Lyn

Decided to take the plunge and book Savita Resort for Whit Half term, the hotel is finished - they have confirmed that to me by e`mail. (I like the thought that everything will be lovely and new!!) just hoping that its not too new for there to be some children for Katie to play with.

I have asked the hotel a few questions and they have been really prompt and lovely with their replies.

We`ve never been AI before so will be a first for us, and everything seems to be included apart from ice creams (but that won`t break the bank) thought we could pop into Naama Bay a couple of times as Katie wants to go to the Hard Rock again.

The hotel has free courtesy bus 3 times a day (not sure of the times) but we can always get a taxi.

Think it is near to Hilton Sharks Bay so may be close to those shops you mention. All I want is to chill out for a week with a few good books in some lovely hot sunshine, there be a nice warm pool and a friend for Katie and some half decent food and a drink or two or even three!!

Our last visit to Sharm was Hilton Sharm Dreams in Naama Bay which was ideal location and wonderful hotel, but thought we would try somewhere different.

So if anyone else happens to be going to Savita for Whit half term please let us know, and if anyone has seen the hotel recently please tell me that it is looking OK.

Thanks
They were bulding that last year when we were there at the Tropicana Grand Oasis (the other end of Sharks Bay) if it looks as good as it did in grey concrete you will love it
It's got a nice reef straight off the beach (usual man made one)

As for Sharks Bay there are about 6 shops the White knight being the best supermarket

As for visiting Naama Bay stick to the coach as it will be more comfortable and cheaper
katiesmum
who have you booked with ?was it flight and hotel seperate or a package deal? i haven't heard of this hotel before and would be interested to know if it is the one that was being built next to the hilton.we have stayed there three times and there was building work going on next door when we were there last september
thanks
sue
Hi bushbaby,

The hotel is in the First Choice and Thomsons Egypt Brochures. We booked a First Choice holiday as needed a Thursday flight (Thomsons go from Manchester on a Sunday)

Booked the holiday thru Travelcare.

Think from what others have posted that it might well be next to Hilton but not sure. It does have a website if you want to see a few piccies etc.
it looks great.

Thanks madcaravanner for the info on the shops, just handy to know should we need the odd thing, but they do say there are some shops in the hotel so may not need to venture out. Hotel has free courtesy bus 3 times a day to Naama Bay.

Thanks madcaravanner for the info on the shops, just handy to know should we need the odd thing, but they do say there are some shops in the hotel so may not need to venture out. Hotel has free courtesy bus 3 times a day to Naama Bay.

If the shops in the Hotel are anything like TGO's shops then those outside will be a lot cheaper
BTW the White knight did a factor 90 sun block :!: last year and it's the only SAFE place locally for cigarettes and cigars apart from the airport

Have a great time wish we were coming back this year but SWMBO ........
What does SWMBO-mean???????? :oops:
She Who Must Be Obeyed :lol:
Thanks madcaravanner,

Can you tell me what you meant by the White Night is the only safe place for cigarettes, apart from the airport. We don`t smoke but a friend asked today if we would bring them some back. Thanks
Don't forget you can only bring back 200 :wink:
Thanks Pippy, I didn`t really have a clue as we have never bought them before, is that 200 each (me and himself) we can get.

Is it cheaper/better to get them at White Knight or the airport? how much do they actually cost??

Many thanks
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:33 pm
Can you tell me what you meant by the White Night is the only safe place for cigarettes, apart from the airport. We don`t smoke but a friend asked today if we would bring them some back. Thanks

You can get almost anyhting from the little shops all around BUT apparently there are quite a few unscrupilous ones who market fake cigarettes which are actually poisionous :shock:

The Airport duty free is the cheapest
then the only ones I found that were of good quality and decent price were at the White Knight Supermarket
there is another supermarket nearer to the Hilton but his prices were higher
Thanks you, advice much appreciated - think I`ll wait till airport and find out exactly what brand he smokes! suppose that is a big factor in getting them?

Is the White Knight close to the Savita?? walkable distance??

Thanks again
All of Sharks Bay is walking distance it's very compact

It's the nearest hotel area to the airport has the best secuity too
Many thanks.

5 weeks tomorrow and counting..... can`t wait.
is that 200 each (me and himself) we can get.

Yes :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.