Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
If the Thomson rep is recommending people try shark, they should be reported to Thomson. I would be grateful if you could let me know which resort this is in and I will inform Biteback who tissue the issue up with Thomson.

As previously said please do not eat shark.
Couldn't agree more Max. It was something I mentioned on HT when we returned from Goa in December. It's not just the shacks, it's on sale everywhere. One or two places have them on display, there's a restaurant on Candolim Beach Rd does and so does Britto's. Take a look and you'll see the folly, it's outrageous. No wonder the stocks in the sea are diminishing fast.
I would be grateful if you could let me know which resort this is in and I will inform Biteback who tissue the issue up with Thomson.

I intend writing to Thomson's myself - it was one of the girls who cover Candolim & Calangute.
Thanks Max I have just written to Biteback, I am sure they will have something to say to Thomson.

I prefer my hammerheads swimming free in the ocean.
Being a fisherman myself i am always curious about what the locals catch in their nets each time i see them on the beach, they catch a lot of small sardines which they split between themselves or send to the market, sometimes they catch small catfish and snap off the fins as they have sharp barbs on, brutal i know but these are again eaten.
When i first went to goa 7 years ago there used to be loads of baby hammer head shark heads along the Baga river where the locals had cut them off and just thrown them away, these fish were caught not far from the beach, it was heart breaking to see so many, in recent years i have not seen any, i have spoken to some of the local fisherman and to catch hammer heads you have to go a lot further out to sea, obviously another case of over fishing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.