Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
sharks Bay
30 Posts
Hi Debs. Lovely for snorkelling but nothing much there at all. Naama Bay is your best bet for more lively place.
Heather
Hi All

Cheers for the info , Naama Bay tit is then.

Debs :wink:
Sorry!!

Definate spelling mistake

Debs :oops:
We all make spelling mistakes...

but not like yours. :lol: :lol:
We stayed in Naama Bay. The beach is quite crowded and noisy.
On the advice of some people staying at our hotel, Ocean Bay, we went to Sharks Bay for the day. We got a taxi from the taxi rank, agreed a price of 100 EL (£10) for the taxi to take us to Sharks Bay and pick us up at 3.30PM. We paid the driver when he returned for us so we were sure he would turn up - apparently this is the normal thing.
Having dropped us of after a 10 min taxi ride we paid 30EL (£3)to get onto the beach and another 150EL (£1.50) for sunbeds. The beach was lovely, not crowded and very quiet. The snorkeling was amazing and only 20mtr from the beach were huge reefs. There were several bars and restaurants on the beach very reasonable priced, toilets & shower facilities at no extra cost.
This was well worth a visit and had we found it sooner we would have gone back another day.
Hi
Hi Hmgvs, thanks very much for the Sharks Bay info, I was very interested as this is something I want to do when I go to Sharm in April, can you tell me what the fish life is like please,
Many thanks, SB xxx
The fish are amazing!!! My husband snorkels & dives - he spent the whole time snorkeling. I am not into it so much but went a couple of times and yes it was truly amazing. We talked to people in our hotel who were really into Scuba diving and had been all over the world including the Maldives and said that this place was the best of the lot. You don't have to dive because there is so much you can see just by snorkeling. I would suggest that you take some of those rubber shoes to wear in the water though as the coral can be very vicious on the feet!!
also in sharks bay are beaches with the jetty that takes you over the coral so you do not have to walk on it, sorry is it me or did you pay more for the sun beds than the taxi ride...100el =10 POUNDS
sunbeds 150el =1.50 pence ,how was your journey in one of the blue flying coffins?????????????????
Hi All

We stayed at the CSR last year and it was great! This year we want to stay in Sharks Bay, can anyone recommend hotels in this area apart from the obvious (Hilton Sharks Bay).

Thanks
Lou
How about the Tropicana Grand Oasis?
Were going to be staying at the Tropicana Grand Oasis. It seems to have some good reviews.
Thank You chrismaleuk2005 I will look into this hotel..!

When we stayed at CSR we went on the Garden Reef Tour and the first place we stopped at had a lovely hotel which was on the cliff side where you could walk straight into the sea.. Does anyone know which hotel this was or which area this is?

Thanks
Lucy
next door to HSB is the concorde el salem. Couldnt tell you anything about it but most of the reviews look good ,looks nice and there seems to be more entertainment there in the eveniung than HSB. from what we heard anyway :D .next one along i think is the savoy. tropicana must be in the next bay round :?

lyn
Re your enquiry about Concorde El Salem - This hotel is excellent, during 2006 my husband and I stayed here twice, once in May and once in October. The staff remembered us from our first trip and couldn't do enough for you. The Concorde is separated into two parts, the sports hotel and the main hotel, if I was recommending it I would stay in the main hotel (make sure you ask for this when booking). I believe that First Choice, Thomas Cook and Airtours do holidays to this hotel.

Although the hotel was nearly fully booked both times as it is spread out in sections it never felt busy, obviously during the evening when you went for your evening meal it was busy, however the waiters were always willing to find you a table, if they hadn't saved you one already. :P :P :P
lynwestie could you let me know what the HSB is? Is this the hotel on Garden Reef's first stop? Or another hotel which you would recommend?
HSB - sorry Hilton Sharks Bay. I was being lazy :D

lyn
DOH!!! Need to wake up this afternoon....
Hi Lou Lou,
any particular reason why you dont want to stay at the hilton??

regards

martin
TGO is Ok We've been this year

but why not the Hilton that gets good reviews too
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.