Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We did Ephesus from Kusadasi DIY. Unfortunately I left hubby to negotiate the price with the taxi driver while I was in the tourist information office.

We paid the same as we would have with the ship :roll: , however we were able to go at our own pace and we also visited St Mary's house. I'm sure we could have done it cheaper with a bit more negotiating, but then there were only the 2 of us and it would have been cheaper per person had there been four.

luci :wave
Ephesus is a long way from Izmir for a DIY tour - about an hour to an hour and a half by road. But it is definitely worth it. You should try to be dropped at the top entrance and walk down to the bottom one. A taxi will do the job for say 10 YTL (a good price for him and not a rip off for you) .. which is better than the 'free transfer' offered which calls in at a carpet factory on the way!!

You might like to combine it with Mary's house or the St John's Basilica (ruins) and the Mosque nearby in Selçuk.

Have you considered hiring a car through a reasonable broker such as Holiday Autos?

Ephesus is definitely worth the visit, but do take water with you because the stalls are very expensive and there is no shade.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.