Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
The inner port is at the bottom of las ramblas and there is a shuttle to the outer port area where the bigger ships dock, a TAXI is not that expancive.

We had a large group and ended up eating at http://www.tallerdetapas.com/ one night which was good enough for a touristy location, if you search the net there are some off the beaten track places that sound realy good but were not suitable for a larger group, if you are adventurous they may be worth a try.
You could try a visit to the magic fountain for the rearly evening it was not running when we were there.

The subway/train bus are easy to use, you can get a multi use(10) ticket for 6(ish)eur thats enough for 2 people one night. return to the airport and 3 other trips.

Also get the Aero bus or the T10 to get into town from the airport lot cheaper than a taxi

If you have a full day then a trip out to Montserat is well worth it.

Naples, I think a must do is Pompeii folowed by Sorento and if you must Capri. Last time we were there we took a walk through the town to the Museum of Archioligy(sp) very interesting place but not a lot to see during the walk(45mins) if you don't have a guide book to tell you where the things are(lots of odd ruins etc.)

Rome DIY by train is easy, there are a few posts that detail this have a search. I think rome is best done as vatican or ruins other wise it is a bit of a ruch to pack it all in.

Livorno, you can DIY the train to Florence not done it, we did a private tour by bus a few years back which included tickets to the Acadamea to see David.
Liz

Have a look at the sticky DIY Excursions topic at the top of the forum for some ideas.

Rome is very easy to DIY and you can visit what you want.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.