Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Dee

You'll find some info HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
my sister is a huge fan of Bob marley and as a 40th pressie, mum and me are paying for her to go to Jamaica.....so...
1. Where is the best place to stay if she wants to see Bob Marley's home or is the Island so small that it doesn't matter.
3. How safe is it or where is the safest resort, I'm going with her but dont fancy just being stuck on a hotel complex or having the life pestered out of me on the beach.
4. Which resort has the best beaches ?

Thanks
Well, seeing as bob marley is from Kingston area i dont recommend this area to stay, however many tourists visit his museum but im not 100% sure which tour operators do this excursion as I have never been as a tourist just as a local!

best beaches - in my opinion every part of this country has the most amazing beaches but I preferred the beaches in Negril but this is secluded and there wasnt much to do there, the more lively parts are Montego Bay & Ocho Rios these have nice beaches aswell.

Safe issues - if you are planning to stay in a resort booked via a tour operator then im guessing everywhere is safe, you may get the odd hassler on the beach but that is expected in more or less every country/town.

Just go & im sure you will have a good time :D
Thanks for replies, we have had a recommendation for Ocho Rios, so from the reply...we'll probably go there. 8)
Just noticed your post on Bob Marley. We went to his resting place last July which is situated at Nine Miles. We stayed in Runaway Bay at a hotel called Club Ambience (over 18's only) and we got a taxi up to Nine Miles. This hotel is A/I and only has 90 rooms. It's very friendly there with a really laid back atmosphere. It's situated on the road that leads to Oches Rios and is handy for visiting all the local attractions such as Dunns River Falls etc etc. Think my review of the hotel is still there if you want to check it out. Wherever you end up I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.