Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We are getting married in Jamaica on March 28th 2008 at Couples Negril. Not sure whether you have seen it, but it might be worth a look if you haven't? http://www.couples.com

I have stayed at Couples Ochos Rios, but not yet at Negril. If you dive, all your diving will be included in the AI package, although I think night dives are extra. The food is out of this world, and the actual wedding package itself was free. There is a forum on the Couples site which has made things so much easier to organise, as if there's anything you want to know you can just ask there.

Hope this is of some help, sorry it's not regarding the hotel you asked about.
I stayed at Royal Decameron in Runaway Bay at Christmas and had a fantastic time. They do offer many scuba diving trips but you have to get there early to put your name on the list.

As for things to do in the area. The hotel and travel reps offer many excursions. My partner and I took a bus into Ocho Rios twice and wondered round the shops, the Bob Marley place and lay on the beach. This was arranged through my rep. Many times, we would go to the bar infront of the hotel to play darts or pool. The locals there are friendly and up for a challenge of pool. we made friends with one of the bar staff, Lemar, from the hotel and met up with him at the bar a few times. But as for other things to do in Runaway Bay there isn't much else, however Ocho Rios is not far. Guys from a bar called Margaritaville which have cool parties come to the hotel on a Sunday or Monday night to collect those that are interested in going to thier bar and they take you home again.
The burgers in Margaritaville are nice.

What ever you decide, make sure you do not stay in the hotel the entire time. They are many beautiful places to see in Jamaica. Enjoy!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.