UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
The food was good there years ago, the place was ruined when it fell into the hands of a larger chain. It`s lost most of it`s atmosphere and charm now.
Keep head on past it It was good years and years ago now it's just a dying tourist theme hell! stay on the A30 and
head to St Agnes or Perranporth any pub or restaurant in these villages would be better!
(the Driftwood spars in Aggie is cool)
Hmm. That article doesn't make it sound particularly mouth-watering.
Jamaica Inn is the worst sort of tourist tat going - the food is just appalling canteen style and they just cash in on the name, without even attempting to make it a good tourist destination. It really should be good - it's a great building and if the owners put in just a bit of effort into making the food decent - rather than all coming straight from the microwave or deep fat fryer - it would make a fortune.

When I went there, a coach load of overseas tourists came in and I just felt terribly embarrassed that they would think this was the standard of pubs and food in the UK!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.