Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We're going in April and we plan to do...
1. Dunns River Falls (pretty much the top attraction)
2. Rafting down the Martha Brae or Rio Grande
3. Port Antonio (Errol Flynn favourite retreat)

There's also Goldeneye (where Fleming wrote the Bond books), Blue mountain jeep excursions, Rose Hall (white witch), Noel Coward's place Firefly, crocodile park etc etc. Loads to see and do compared to most caribbean islands.

Weather should be great in May. Hurricane season starts June/July I think.
Thanks for that crockett, dunns river falls is top of our list too, good to know what everyone else fancies doing too !
me my husband and sons did jamaica may 08 and it was brilliant, even though it was the rainy season it was red hot, it rained nearly every day but round about teatime which did not bother us as it was the time that we was going back to our rooms just to freshen up and relax before dinner. one of the days it was that hot that you could not even walk round the pool.
we did dunns river which was brill
heavens scent with mr motivator which my husband and sons loved, i just watched
dolphin cove where my husband and eldest son swam with the sharks

the people here are fantastic, we stayed at riu ocho rios and we would defo go back
hope you enjoy it as much as we did
happy holidays
Thanks for that aws, can I ask what heaven sent is ? not heard of that one, great to hear you had a fab time last year, we just can't wait !
heavens scent is what Mr Motivator owns, thats if you have heard of him it is all zip wire rides,quad biking, my husband and sons went on all of them but i just watched them, i dont like ought like that but i must say i did enjoy just watching

we have been to mexico quite a few times and love it there but i must say we really did enjoy it at Riu Ocho Rios, the staff are really entertaining, we loved it and would defo go back

hope you enjoy it as much as we did

happy holidays

Denise
Hi denise, yep, know mr motivator with his naff lycra ! wow, didn't know he had something like that there, where is it please ? we have heard of 'mystic mountain', with zip wires and a bobsled run and also did you like dolphin cove ? our 8yr old is going to love that !
We are stayng at starfish trelawny in falmouth, just a 3 star place, but the price was crackin !
juby
heavens scent was up in mountains, we booked through our tour operator, it was'nt that far from where we was staying, the bus journey there was a experience, Mr Motivator was so lovely and helpful, my 13yr old son climbed up for one of the zip wire rides and when he got there he was a little scared so Mr Motivator climbed up to him and talked him through it all, he was great.

your 8 yr old will love the dolphin cove, theres areas where you can chill out as well as things to see, its not a very big place but big enough for a few hours depending on what you want

i think most hotels do the same things and if it is anything like the riu ocho rios, they are great with kids

if you go on trip advisor for jamaica just look at things to do and you will see these places i have spoke about, u must do the dunns river but watch out because we bought a dvd and when we got home it only played half way through so if u do buy one ask at your hotel to see if it works
Thanks Denise for the input, really helpfull, we were going to do the river tubing too, that looks a laugh and the luminous lagoon, in fact, if we had the money, we would do every single excursion !!
On countdown mode now, 12 weeks, can't wait !!!!!
juby
If you want to know more about H'EVANS SCENT then the link is http://www.hevansscent.com

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.