Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Not sure about Cabo Roiq but Oly Daze will be able to give you a good idea.

Benidorm shouldn`t be too expensive for an apartment, wintersunshine holidays have apartments from £116 per week, not sure if they do long lets but you could give them a ring. Lots of agents do long term lets, not sure of there names David the mod will be able to give you their names. Gestalur have long stay winter lets from 574 euros per 28 days.

Some of the tour operators do long stay package holidays (some times hard to find on net) give Direct holidays a ring they may have something.

Have you got your flight book yet?
Thanks Christine,

January and February are the most quiet months wherever you go in Spain, but I have no idea what your idea of too quiet may be!

The weather will probably be about 16c on average in the daytime, but we can usually get a few days in the low 20's which maybe just warm enough for the beach.
You will probably not want to eat outside in the evenings, which isn't a problem, as the restaurants and bars should not be busy and there will be lots of room inside.

I shouldn't think that you would have much of a problem in getting an appartment for a few months off season in Cabo Roig for as little as 450 Euro a month. The Costa Blanca News will have quite a few advertised, I guess, and you can access the classified section online.

If you need any more information, post back.
Thanks Christine and Oly

When I say not too quiet, I mean that it will not be a Ghost town. Will there be enough restaurants and bars open, we are not looking for anything riotous, just a bit of atmosphere. We are retired, but not quite in our dotage.

Again, we would not be able to afford to go out every night, so we would need a comfortable place with british t.v. and there are some really nice apartments advertised for that area which are not too expensive.

As we have'nt been to the area before, it will be nice to get out and about in the day and we quite like the idea of using public transport, how good is it?

So again, do you think this could be the place for us?
It certainly won't be a ghost town.

Cabo Roig is a popular place for golfers to stay, with many courses within easy access. January and February are popular with golfers and their families from the UK, but the place will be nowhere as busy as other months.
Most of the bars and restaurants will be open, with only a few closed for refurbishment or for the owners annual holidays, which is normal in all parts of the Costas.

There is a large retired population and other people like you, wanting to escape the worst of the UK weather. There are plenty of activities to keep them busy.

There is a bus service, and I know that coach trips are often organized with local pick-up's to places of interest, at very little cost. Again, the local English newspapers are the place to find out exactly what is happening, or just get chatting with other people.

If you are looking at apartments, then it might be a good idea to enquire if there is any form of heating. It doesn't have to be full central heating, of course. That would be very unusual! Just something to take the occasional nip out of the air.

I can see no reason why you wouldn't have an enjoyable few months.

P.S.
I found these for you.
MAP
PHOTOS
Thanks again Oly for that useful information, all we need now is to find some nice accommodation and of course some cheap flights!!!!

Vonnie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.