Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Cabo Roig
27 Posts
1) Lovely beaches
2) Quite a few bars/restaurants in the area - Chinese Indian, British etc
3) Go-karting
4) Chilling out by the pool.
5) Spend the evening in Torrevieja - fun-fare every night, plus market stalls by the promenade

I'm sure there are other things as well

Regards

Punjabi
If you have a hire car, there is everything you will ever need within easy driving distance. Good places to eat are plentiful
Hi, I've read some of the posts about Water Parks etc. I am flying out this weekend til 31st May, is there any water parks open at this time?

Thanks.

Paul.
The waterpark in Torrevieja is not open yet not till end June, Nearest would be Benidorm.
gudge if your staying near torre you could try the water park in rojales only i couldn`t say for definate if it is open yet
Thanks for the replies.

Do you know what the water park in Rojales is called, can't seem to find anything on the net? And Is there a bus from Torre to Rojales?

Thanks.
Hi, try this,

http://www.propertysalespain.co.uk/alicante_water_parks.htm

It gives you the prices and a phone number.

Sue :)
Thanks for your quick replies everyone, but they dont open til June either :(
Looks like the pool and the sea will have to do.

Will book later next year.
Only 20 days to go and we'll be in Las Calitas apartments between Cabo Roig and Campoamor. We cant wait. Any information will be gratefully recieved. What the beaches are like and are there any good little local restaurants and bars that have good spanish food, any good boat trips to reccommend? Thanks - Claire:D
Hi, we are going to Cabo Roig for a family wedding in September. The airport nearest us, operates flights to Alicante, although we could fly from Dublin to Murcia, but don't want the hassel of driving all the way up to Dublin ect. How long would a private transfer from Alicante take? Is Murcia a better option altogether?

Can anyone recommend some hotels in Cabo Roig?

What is there to do during the day? Is it expensive to eat & drink out? Are there many restaurants & bars in the area?

Many thanks for your help :glynis
Murcia Airport is nearer to Cabo Roig than Alicante Airport.
Fudgey; Murcia Airport is nearer to Cabo Roig than Alicante Airport
. Although distance wise there is not much difference there is far less traffic when travelling from Murcia.
Anniek, I tried to post this before but it did not seem to work - technology eh! I think this may be because I included a link to a hotel and that was read as spam.

Cabo Roig is mainly an ex-pat area so is residential without many hotels (although some people have bought properties to rent out). There are some apart-hotels on the Cabo Roig strip (which is on the busy N332), but I have heard mixed reports about them.

By far the best hotel in the area is the Hotel La Zenia, which is one round-about down from Cabo Roig, towards Torrevieja, and is on the sea-front. (Type into Google as the site will not let me give you an email address).

Most of the restaurants are on the N332 main road, although there are some elsewhere. Some are okay value against the UK but expensive for Spain, but others (particularly Italian) charge high prices than I would expect in London and for average food. You are best looking off the main road for better value restaurants.

Remember that this is a residential area so you will not find anything like the night-life of Benidorm, but if you want a relaxing time in the sun than it is great (I really like the area).

There is a very infrequent bus service into Torrevieja (about 10-15km away and the nearest main town), but cabs are cheap and have meters.
Hi Pete2000, sorry I never thanked you for your post, completely forgot :oops:

We have booked our flights to Alicante.

Can you tell me, if you could walk from La Zenia hotel, into Cabo Roig? Is it safe?

Do you know of a hotel called the Orihuela Resort Hotel (sp? :lol: )? Is it within walking distance of the centre, and again, would it be safe to walk (i've heard that the roads are very very busy). Out of the two hotels, which of these is the better location?

Thanks a mill :wink:
Hi
In oct 6 of us girls are staying at our friends house in cabo roig, we've been before, we don't mind the house and the area, but it can be a bit quiet.

So we have decided this year to spend 2 nights in benidorm.

Our problem is how to get from cabo roig ( whose nearest airport is Murcia) to benidorm.

i've been on trip advisor and have been told that there is no bus that runs this route.

is there one which i can maybe get to somewhere else and then onto benidorm.

Also thinking of spending 2 nights in the hotel princessa what do you think,
Hi wickedchris ... from Cabo Roig to Benidorm by bus, I think you would probably need to look at services and connections via Torrevieja and Alicante. Train would not be an option. Alternatively, perhaps self drive for a couple of days, or taxi/private transfer by people carrier.

For info and discussion on Hotel Princesa, please click here.

David :wave
thanks for that, but i'm not driving, don't like driving on the right.

I'll have t do a bit of research on bus timetables then. :?

or then a mini bus, but don't know how that will cost.
Right i think that were going to hire a mini bus when we get there.

But does anyone know where i can get a bus timetable from for cabo roig, as we may decide to visit somewhere else.

Also does anyone have any information on the area

thanks
Hi wickedchris ... there is a little info about Cabo Roig in THIS recent topic, where the local bus service is described as "very infrequent".

It may be worth posting in that thread for info about local buses and minibus hire, just in case any of those members are subscribed to it as a Watched Topic.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.