Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I won't be swimming at the end of October, I usually find the water at the end of September is too cold! Daytime temperatures are quite good, average for October is 21C and 16C for November and night time 15C and 11C respectively so you will probably need sweaters for the evening. I don't know about restaurants in Javea but I expect they would be open, certainly they never close in Alicante. November 1 is a public holiday so shops, banks, supermarkets etc will be closed but the smaller mini markets will open for perhaps a few hours in the morning.
October / November is not bad .
We stayed in Javea mid October and it was nice and sunny . The pool was already cool (19 ° ) but it was still nice to swim in the sea .
Javea is never closed because it is not only a holiday resort .About 30 .000 residents are living there during the whole year .
Thanks guys for your responses! :cheers I am fearing that it's just not gonna be as warm as we'd want... Having just got back from Menorca last week and seeing how much time the kids spent in the pool at the villa, I'm not sure what to do. :que I'll discuss it with the family and decide... I'll let you know! :think

Cheers again!
Kids will still swim in the pool even at 19C. It's us adults that are the wimps ;)
AHV ... It's us adults that are the wimps

:yikes .. How very true! :( ... The wife has come up with a couple of villas with heated pools, so that might sway it for us...
we went to costa blanca last october, the last week.
we're going at the same time this year.

last year it was quite warm, we went in the pool twice!
we're late 40's, early 50's!

it did rain heavily a couple of days though!
Word of warning - check to see if the cost of heating the pool is included in your rental cost (doubt it) or whether you pay an additional fixed amount. You may find you have to pay for the electricity costs and this can be seriously detrimental to your financial health! I recommend you find out before agreeing to book.
Thanks guys! :tup

We are thinking of a Villaplus villa, which includes "free" pool heating. We only came back last friday from one of their villas in Menorca and it was excellent. They include a pool table, table tennis table and playstation ... all of which were well used by our 2 boys ... and us! :que ... and, if the weather wasn't fantastic, would be a distraction.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.