Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
It looks like we are booked into the Jaz Mirabel Club hotel. I don't see any hotel reviews on this site and I've not heard much about the hotel at all (wondering if it was such a good idea to book now!). As mentioned before, if anyone has been to this hotel or heard anything about it - I would appreciate your comments.
I'm off to the Mirabel Club next Saturday. Stayed there last May, very nice hotel, part of a complex of 3 Jaz hotels yu can use the facilities of all but only eat/drink in your own hotel plus the shared beach bar. There are some reviews on tripadvisor now, mostly positive. :cheers
If anyone has stayed at the Jaz Mirabel Club would you please write your review by Clicking Here

Many thanks :tup
Thanks Scott, feeling a bit better now that i know it's all part of the same complex as i wasn't too sure. It looks lovely though. Can you tell me if it only has the buffet restaurant in the Club hotel? We normally like to try out at least one of the a la carte restaurants when we are AI. Also, can you book trips to Cairo etc from the reps in the hotel?!

Have a great time when you go next week. I'm 10 weeks on Wednesday :D
The restaurant in the Mirabel Club is buffet style. There are 2 (I think) a la carte restaurants in the Mirabel Beach, but available at an extra charge.

The reps in the hotel do offer lots of excursions, theres also local reps around the beach and pool areas offering trips. I'll try and find more out next week as last year the hotel had only recently opened.
That would be great Scott, thanks again for your help.
Hi Charlie,

Got back from the Mirabel Club at the weekend after a very good week. The hotel was great, you only use the restaurant in your own hotel. There are 3 bars in the Club hotel you can use along with the beach bar and the Reef pool bar in the Mirabel Beach hotel, The staff in the hotel were excellent and always wanting your thought on the hotel etc. In the main lobby bar after ordering your first drink you won't need to move from your seat, they will always bring a refill to your table. Excursions can be booked from the tour operators in the hotel, I have a list here from Wings Tours whom were our local agents, they are charging £135 for Cairo by air, £70 by land (1 day). I'll try and post a review in the review section later this week but I'm sure you'll love it. If you want any more information just let me know. Missing the glorious weather already, hardly a cloud in the sky over there!
Hi Scott,

Thanks very much for the info, sorry for taking so long to reply. Sounds like you had a great holiday though! :D Three weeks tomorrow till we fly out, it can't come quick enough!

Another couple of questions - hope you don't mind!! How did yous tip in the hotel? I've read so many different opinions on either tipping in £1 coins or tipping in Eyptian $. In your opinion, what is best?

Also, is there a Bereau De Change in the hotel? We aren't sure how much to take with us. We were planning on taking £600 with us for the week. £270 for the trip by air to Cairo and the remainder for tips/gifts/souveneirs etc. We'll obviously have our bank card with us too if we need any more.
After reading reviews, people are saying to take a small amount of Egyptian currency with us then change the rest at the hotel as it will be a better rate. Can you give me any advice?

Thanks again for your help :)
Charlie :cheers
Hi Charlie,

We tipped using small denomination egyptian pound notes. On previous visits we have used Euros, sterling and dollars and all seem gratefully accepted. Quite a lot of the German guests were tipping in euro coins.

There is a branch of HSBC in the sister hotel Jaz Mirabel Beach (5 mins walk through the complex) in the shopping arcade. They have a Bureaux de change in there along with a cash machine. Theres also a cash machine outside the entrance to the Beach and Park hotel. We didnt take much money and just used the cash machine to withdraw money - were getting around 12 egyptian dollars to the pound on Nationwide Card.

If you need to know aything else just let me know. I will get round to a review one day! :sun2
That's great, thanks Scott. Think we'll do the same. I'll take over small amount of egyptian pounds to keep us going first day then we'll just head to the cashline and withdraw money. Sounds like a plan, and also saves carrying all that cash with you on the plane etc.

Can't think of anything else at the moment but I'm sure there will be something. lol. :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.