Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
JOLLYJACK SHACK
19 Posts
It's so good you haven't told anyone where it is. :que

What about the toilets? :think
mmmmm bit suspect only joined today as well

Sarah
This shack is in calangute at the bottom of holiday street just down from the goldeneye,as for the toilets they have one of the best just like been at home ,give them a try.i have done a lot of the shacks in candolim and baga but i always go back to this 1.other good one,s r buddah bar,sea horse.weatherspoons,rovers return just to mention a few ,might b new to this but have been to goa many times on long visits. :tup :hols :welcome :bow :wow
I wouldhave thought that the location posted by lanky8 " foot of holiday st just down from Golden Eye" was an excellent description of it's location, not sure what further directions some posters require. On the usual toilet questions, it's not the cleanliness that should bother people, but the location as regards the shack kitchen. Shack toilets are NOT septic tanks, but merely a hole in the ground, the walls are bricked and the bottom is a lair of rubble. The liquid deposits into this hole simply leach into the surrounding sand the solids remain in situ.. At the end of the season the upper works are removed, the concrete cap on which the toilet pan rests remains and come the new season the toilet is simply built up again on the base. Hence the vital fact that the further away it's located from the kitchen is vital. Unfortunatley in most cases it's located right behind it. Alan
Do you own the shack by any chance?
Am I missing something here ?. All this poster has done is mention his favourite shack, he also go'es on to mention three more of his favourites. I've used all of them over the years and have known "Elvis", Jolly Jacks owner since he started his shack, and I'm pretty sure this poster is'nt him! All of the shacks mentioned are good, and I'd have no hesitation in saying a good word for JollyJacks, also the suckling pig sunday lunches at Rovers Return are top notch. Alan
Gramps when the first few replies came through no location was given (it has since been added) maybe why people thought it all a bit strange as well as the SHOUTING Capitals ;)
I appologise 4 that but dont critise what I write am new to this lark and am tryin my best but who cares I LOVE GOA sorry about the capitals again but if you can only read small writing I will keep it to the basics :rofl :que :sun2 :rofl :rofl
I appologise 4 that but dont critise what I write am new to this lark and am tryin my best but who cares I LOVE GOA sorry about the capitals again but if you can only read small writing I will keep it to the basics

Lanky8
I don't think it's a case that members can only read small writing
Using capital letters on most forums is seen as "shouting" and is therefore rude.

I also think that using 'textspeak' such as '4' instead of the word 'for', 'u' instead of 'you' and 'r' instead of 'are' is usually not allowed because some software packages for hard of hearing users are unable to translate the word into sounds.

As a regular long stay visitor to Goa, do you have any other recommendations for us?
Thank you for telling us about the JJ shack Lanky8 I will go looking for it over the next weeks or two and let you know what I thought of it when we come back ..
can I ask you does it get many beach sellers there ?....colleen
OHHH and :welcome to the Goa forum
you do get a lot of beach sellers but dont buy if you dont want to.if you are going there and go to jacks there is a girl called valencia there just tell her MAFIA told you to go there they will see you ok .happy hols.just tell the sellers where to go ,I know it sounds harsh but you have to do it .whatever price they start at half it and half it again and star at that price lol
  • Edited by Fiona 2009-03-05 17:43:58
    to remove text words
Sorry to be a killjoy but Jolly Jacks was the first shack we visited in December. One drink and out. The thumpy thumpy music was thumping out as though it was in competition with the shack next door, anything but relaxing. Went to one about 5 shacks further down before I could here the sea. Went back again to Jolly Jacks when the mood suited us though. If you want peacefull Jolly Jacks isnt the place, or at least it wasnt when we were there.
we have used this shack many times over the last few years and found it good as well Lanky, cant really say about how many beach sellers now IC as a lot have gone this year but i think you used to get a few, never bother me thankfully...get fed up of 'NO' :D but good food etc cant exactly remember the toilets ?? umm sorry! but it is handy for the entrance onto the beach and they are very friendly related to a family we are close to but we didnt know that when we first started using it!!...having said all that havent been there this year :D dont remember the music being like that before as we took my mum there a few times some years ago and she wouldnt have liked that one bit!! so maybe thats altered and i wouldnt like that either!! we have abandoned a few shacks since the music became deafening and bmm bmmb bmmmm :D

chilly
music not bad in jacks just in reggiers next to it to much bob marley :cry :yikes :que
We used Jolly Jacks a lot on our first trip to Goa, lovely people and lovely food. Toilet not that brilliant but passable. They also have a little salon which is really good. the girls are lovely there and I would recommend them :wave:
we went to jacks on our first visit to goa and it became our regular while we were there,staying at the goan heritage.on our second trip,we did a last minute booking,at neelams, and because we arived at about 8 o'clock in the evening we got a tuk tuk straight there as we knew it and wanted to get our bearings. we were so suprised when we walked into the shack and derek remembered us by name and called for his mum, flora,to come and say hello. valencia is one of the daughters of the family. it is a lovely shack with fantastic food. we have not been there so much the last two visits as we have been staying in calangute,but we would certainly reccomend it.
If the thumpy thumpy music can be heard from a shack nearby we always move to the quiet ones. No music is as good as the sound of the sea.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.