Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Which Shack ??
140 Posts
Used Bobbys in Candolim last year.Good food nice friendly staff very happy all in all.
reggies near the osbourne hotel end of calangute or further along the beach towards candolim floyds - both excellent!
Oceanic in Baga is always a favourite of ours. Great staff, great food and the obligatory excellent sunset views. Very nice setting near the cliffs and river inlet too.
I know everyone has their favourites, but must agree with Ronaldo the Oceanic at Baga beach is fabulous and has everything you are looking for.

Ganesh shack in Candolim also very good with very nice folk and enjoyed a nice breakfast there oh and a free drink thanks spike :D
i love the oceanic at baga and sip n dip near golden eye, but will deffo try some new ones this year :D :D
Worst thing that happened at Oceanic was when our friend (and I guess everyone who knows him :D ) Rocky left. Thankfully he only moved to Redunda in Calangute. Great place to sit in the afternoon/early evening watching life go by as you get steadily sozzled, lol.
Also Rovin has left the Oceanic. He is now running a restaurant in Calangute called Sendra (next door to Domino Pizza). The food is great and very reasonably priced. Worthwhile giving it a visit.
I have been going to Silver Sands on Baga for years.

Great service and food from Raj and the guys
I like the Oceanic in Baga best, anyone know if Raj is still there this year also young Sam??
Hi shirley Hope you had a good holiday in Morocco. Raj is still there, running about the beach like mad as normal getting everyone their drinks. When we were leaving last week he said "I am very sadder cos you are going home" :( but not to worry cos we are back in under 9 weeks time. Which one is Sam again?
Do you remember Rovin? (Most folk called him Robin). He ran the shack last year. Well he has left and is running a family restaurant in Calangute, its called Sendra (next door to Domino Pizza). You should pop in and see him. He would be very pleased. Food was lovely and very reasonably priced.
Hi we have always used Boscos great staff (and food ) but noticed over the last couple of years he is putting out more & more sunbeds and they are becoming a bit to close together ( you put your brolly up and and it puts about a dozen people in the shade)(slight exageration)so after reading the posts here i think we may visit a few of the ones mentioned instead of doing the same shack day after day...after all they do say variety is the spice of life.....KJF
WE have used the same few shacks for years also ..but this year we had my brother and his wife with us and we went to 11 different ones this year and it was such a change but for the better .
There is a beach shack in candolim called stringfellows it has an upstairs it was so nice to sit there at sunset :sun :sun

Can anyone tell me the name of a shack I seen from a boat trip we went on :?: its between candolim and calangute and it had the irish...scottish ...welsh..and english flags outside it looked like a lode of other flages flying too what is it called ..........colleen
Try Aggies shack to the right (from the seashore looking into the land) of Goan Heritage alongside Rudis, weve been using it for 10 years with very few complaints, the staff, Jack seems to run the shack when Aggies not there, Anita the masseur and her hubby Lax. Food is always good and reasonable plus nice guests of course
Colleen,

That sounds like the Cliffs shack at Baga, they have lots of flags - it's the one on its own that you haver to walk around the rocks to get to.

I could be wrong tho
Gemma33 , Sam is the lad of about 13 who helps at the oceanic and he trys to sell you stuff from his 'shop' which is a tupperware box of little wooden necklaces etc....just wondered if he's still there.

Yes I remember Rovin will try Sendra when we go over.

Thanks I absolutely loved Morroco shirleyV
Hi Shirely Yes sam is still there. He used to sit on the sunbed chatting away, I just didnt know his name. What date do you fly out?
Gemma33 we fly out on Xmas day.
Fantastic Shirley. Enjoy yourself. :D

The Oceanic are also taking over another beach shack. Its only 2 shacks up from the Oceanic. Its called St Anthonys shack. Its the next one up on the left passed the Silver Sand. I think it should be ready by end December. Might be worth giving this one a try as well.
:wink: OOh no!!!! THE best shack is Fishermans Paradise!!! Just ask Chilly!!! :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.