Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
which shack
140 Posts
My favourite will always be Zappas, end of beach road there is a little path taking you up to it. The food is great, the staff are friendly,spent many a happy time there and cant wait to go back.
anyone know if ryans shack open,one near river princess
Just got back from goa and although all the shacks were good we preferred Floyds Shack. The food is delicious, it has loads of flags of various countries and types so you cannot miss it. :D Might that be the one you mean Colleen?
:glynis Hollystone if you were sending me to it how would I get to it please.... where on the road to calangute would you cut down on to the beach .....we were in candolim in november so we used that beach there and when we go to calangute we always go on to the beach at the steps im not sure where the shack you are talking about is :shrug and I want to go there when we go back to goa colleen
:wave Hi Colleen

We went down beach road in candolim, turned right and walked along the beach to it. I'm sorry I don't know the turn off into calangute as we used to walk along the beach and back, so you kind of lose track. We were staying in a rented apartment near the Victor Exotica.The mixed fried rice that accompanies your meal their is delicious, chicken strips and prawns, I am drooling at the rememberance :D
Floyds Shack is in Candolim near the Sonesta Hotel, through the gardens and turn left onto the beach - just been tracking it down on the net. Think it might be at the calangute end??
Hope you find it and have a great holiday :D
:thanks Hollystone I am deffo up for trying floyds beach shack if thats the one I saw from the boat trip I was on .....from what you are saying I think it is :hyper I have already started to write things down that I want to do in november and now floyds is on my list ............colleen
We are staying at the Phoenix Park. Can anyone tell me how we get to the beach from there and which of these shacks we would come across first?
Thanks
Come out of the Phoenix and cross the main road - turn left - walk straight down the main road past the cross roads and a bit further you will go past Bom Successo and then Ruffles Bar - take the next right turn which is the beach road that leads to the Whispering Palms and Sunset Hotels (before this on your right is the Mai Thai restaurant for the HT meet ups.) walk down this lane to the beach road end and look left diagonnally across for a flag flying from Ganesh shack - worth a visit,and a few HTers visit here.Tuc-tuc should be 50rps.
Other than that come out of the Phoenix and take any of the paths on the other side of the main road that will lead you to the beach.
We tried a few shacks but always ended up at the Arabian. At the end of Beach Road in Candolim, head left and it is a couple of shacks along. Great food, great people!
:) Sam's Paradise is my favourite - been going for years - lovely food, friendly staff, regular visitors and free beds, umbrellas. Also Ginos - Blue something shack near Arabian Shack - cos a lot of my friends go in there and I know Gino.
Tidal Wave's is very good too - Rams is also nice for a gin or 3 :wink:
Nanette447 - Hope yo have a great time! Say hi to Veejay and the lads at Radha Shack from Jo and Jonathan! - Thanks!
We enjoyed it at the Fisherman's Paradise beach Shack on Calangute beach, but if you have'nt been there before, or have only been there a few times, you have to get there early (about 9.30)as the sunbeds get filled up quickly and we noticed that most of the sunbeds were reserved for their regulars. Buddha Bar and Fontana Splash on either side of it are good. Food at fontana splash is really nice.
Irishcolleen, sorry to be a wee pest and ask again, but, what was your favourite beach shacks at Calangute? We want to try a couple this time. We will go on a sunday as you recommended :sun
quickest way to the beach from phoenix park.

walk to end of the road

turn right

cross over

turn left wlak past the hospital

turn left then right

5 min walk
linbs place is there

21 coconuts is the shack
we only used two shacks on our holiday. fishermans in south calangute very friendly and the beach was quiet also we didn't seem to be pestered by beach sellers all the time. we also used bobbys at the end of csm road this was also good but the beach is not as good as fishermans and you are pestered a lot more.

food is good at both shacks though
Gems... the one we have gone to for 4 years is TIPSY.....make a point of going and say :wave to robby and raj for me ....its left when you get to the bottom of the steps about 4 or so up ....
Thomas,s is right when you go down the steps its a little way up IM near sure all his unbrellas are pink ...when you order lunch I think he goes to tescos for it ...you will wait for ages but sure so what ...ya have ages haha

The swally is to the right also...its a good bit of a walk but its very nice the food is good but the cocktails are a bit pricey .....
There is a young lad called Demsy..he used to work at tipsy but he got the boot and works in a shack one or two down from tipsy now he is tebitan looking so if you see him say HI ...from me to ...tell him the lady who gave him the shirts ....mama from Ireland he will know who you mean ..........at tipsy the lads will give you your towels and the toilets are flushing ..........

we have went to the same few shacks for years but the fun we got going to all differant ones in nov was much better you tend to stay at the one you like but thanks to other H/Trs telling me of the ones they liked I went to 12 in our 2 weeks ......gemma try stringfellows in candolim it has an upstairs ...you wanna see :sun set from there IM getting all SAD now why cant I be going with you .....colleen
where is tipsy calangute or candolim, also where can you get good lobster thermidor
Thanks Vodkasundae, will do!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.