Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Mrs H - glad you liked it! Went to Massouri (independently) last year and will probably pop into Emborios in October when we're island hopping. There are a couple of Kalymnos groups on MSN, if you're interested - these people have been going for YEARS!
Hi!

One more fan of Kalymnos..YES! As a matter of fact I had only one day trip from Kos in 2002, but I still remember the beauty of it. I hope I`ll be back. I'm thinking of going one week to Kos, and another to Kalymnos. Did you explore accom. over Internet? Have you heard of any expiriance of that possibilities?

I'm going to Chios on 22.08. Can't wait!

Dudi
Glad you enjoyed Kalymnos, a lovely quiet laid back little island. Once the Greek holiday bug gets hold, you're hooked.

Dudi - we did Kalymnos as a split centre with Kos - the first week on Kalymnos and the second in Kefalos, as I figured I didn't want to rely on having to get a ferry before a flight. We went with Kosmar but the transfer between the 2 islands was left up to us - but was easy enough to organise.
Dudi - you lucky thing, Chios is on my to do list! I'm interested to know - are you travelling independently? I can only find Greek Sun who go there.
MariaH - I remember the ferry schedule wasn't big problem. The travel agency I'm travelling many yrs with doesn't organize accom. on Kalymnos, so I'd have to find something by my own. Kos isn't a problem.

Janita - I live in Croatia, so my travel agency arranges this accom. (this year for the first time). And I've wanted that for yrs!!!!!
Thanks Dodi - have a great time, look forward to hearing all about it!
Hi
pleased you enjoyed it which gives me a great feeling of anticipation.
I'm going to Telendos on 6th September and intend to spend some time on Kalymnos (if I can muster up the energy).
Greece is THE place as far as I'm concerned and look forward to many more years of exploring.
Greekofile,

Telendos is GREAT! Have you been before? We spent four days at beaches there - they are so pretty and unspoiled and QUIET!!! It is also lovely to go there in the evening for a meal and a drink - although if like me you are not a big cat fan, watch out! From my info I managed to glean from the net before I had the impression that there was no accom available on Telendos but when we actually visited we saw many signs for rooms for rent...I think you would need a personal contact to arrange this though.

Out of interest, how did you manage to organise your accom?

Have a brilliant time, I am very envious indeed!

Cheers
MsH
Hi - you can book On the Rocks, Rita's and several others on Telendos direct through the net - will let anyone have links that want them!
Elenitsa,

you are very knowledgable! impressive! have you or has anyone else reading this stayed on Telendos itself, if so where and would you recommend that particular accom?

Elenitsa, you also mentioned to me before that you are touring round and will prob make a stop at Emborios in October - where else are you going?

If anyone else is going to Myrties/Telendos/Massouri anytime soon, can I recommend Nefelli's hotel/beer garden in Massouri. Lovely cocktails, lovely little garden and great service from the brothers Steve and Paul!

Cheers
MsH
Hi - I haven't stayed on Telendos, but my friend has stayed at OTR and she was very impressed!

The plan for October is now - Pothia - Leros - Lipsi - Emborio - Kos Town.....or Nissiros could feature in there somewhere! Back to winging it completely - nothing booked at all (although I will be calling the Sea Breeze in Mastichari once I know that my flight's on time to bag a room for 3am!!)

(Probabaly end up in Astipalea!)

duplicate post deleted ----wizard
Hi all

Telendos is THE place if you like to bask in the sun (with or without clothes), drink a few cocktails and have an unforgetably relaxing time away from the bustle of the tourists! We're going there tomorrow (Aug 19) to see George at OTR. We'll sink a few beers with him, relax on his patio, sunbathe on Paradise beach and spend some quality time with these fab people for the next few weeks. Come and see for yourselves... http://WWW.OTR.TELENDOS.COM

Dave
Ms H
sorry I have taken so long to respond but I have been having computer problems.
No I haven't been to Telendos before but passed by it a few years ago on our way to Lipsi (which was fantastic with a capital F).
We fancied it from reading travel brochures, the web etc.
It was easy to find thro' Laskarina. A bit pricey but the only way we can go as our friends are not yet brave enough to go independent.

Out of interest I have booked two flights to Athens for easter and we are driving up to Kalambaka to see the monastries. Have you or any other reader been? (from previous correspondence I expect to hear from you Elenitsa!)

Happy travelling......7 days to go.
greekofile
:offtop but sorry to disappoint you - have always meant to make it to Meteora, but never have!!

Have a great holiday only 1 more month to Leros and Lipsi!
Elenitsa, please tell me about Lipsi I have fancied this Island for so long also Halki hope the spelling is right, really looking forward to your post.
pojo
Pojo-Greekofile's already been to Lipsi....and he loved it. Am afraid that I didn't like Halki, but it was 12 years ago and my tastes may have changed!
Hi.
sorry you didn't like Halki Elenitsa we loved it.
We never made it to the beach because we were lucky enough to have apartments with a patio leading direct to the sea, via steps. We stayed in Hiona studios. Don't know what it would be like to get there independently.
Found the food good and the people friendly enough. If you like lots to do then don't go.
Lipsi? well there's another thing. adored it. Did one day trip to Leros but you can't make a judgement on a short trip.
Horses for courses I guess but I have not been disappointed with any of the places that Elenitsa's mentioned. She seems to have the advantage on most when it comes to finding the real Greece.
greekofile
I think that Halki might have more for me now - I'm quite a walker nowadays! When I went I was still in my Tilos phase and EVERYTHING got compared to that (and nothing stood a chance!) - I preferred Kastellorizo - the swimming was stunning and the views - to die for!

Mind you, Kalymnos does extremely well on the view front, although I actually think that the view of Telendos from Massouri is outdone by the view south from Emborios :wink:

Now thinking about working Patmos in in October - I think that will only leave me with Astipalea, Pserimos, Kassos and Karpathos to hit in the Dodecanese (and Arki and Marathi!) :shock:
greekofile
We stayed in Kalambaca for 1 night so that we could get to see the monasteries before the hoards of coaches arrived. We were actually staying in the Pelion and it was July and the temperature in Kalambaca was high!! Its a really buzzing town with a great atmosphere. Our hotel balcony looked out on the rock pinnacles which are lit up at night, its a magical place. By midday there were more than 30 coaches at the monasteries so its worth getting up early
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.