Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Good you had a nice time, How it took 3 hours on the Bus I will never know, I have been 11 times to Icmeler and it has never taken 2 hours and that has been with a full bus and the 15 minute stupid stopover and I was one of the last to be taken to my Hotel which was Club Aquarium, If you do ever go back take a Taxi and you will arrive in Icmeler within 1 hour, Everyone has a favourite hotel in Icmeler, I cant say how good or bad the Marti is, But could vouch for plenty other hotels, The beach has always been shingle as far as I know and thats been mentioned a lot of times in Posts here before, Why dont you try the Bodrum area should you decide to go back Bodrum, Gumbet, Bitez, Turgetries are all within an hours travel from the Airport.
:D Hello

Same happened to us in April took us 3 hours on a coach :cry: never again first time on a coach transfer and the last.

We also stayed in Icmeler and dropped off once in Marmaris, on our way in.
We always use ICR transfer and are there 1 hour 20mins.Would never use the coach again.

Diane and Norman
I find it difficult to understand why some people get Private transfers from Dalaman, It certainly isnt cost effective as I know of no companys who actually charge less than the tour operators do, Yes I know that tour operators sometimes let you opt out of the Transfer charge, But some of these transfers are costing people £70 for that privalage, Yes I understand its faster useing a private transfer to the resort, But funny enough I never hear much people complaining about the 4 hours + travelling on the Aeroplane to get to Turkey, Now if I was hellbent on getting to the Resort the fastest way possible would be to hire a car at Dalaman Airport this would cost you £23 + Petrol costs and that would be for 3 people sitting comfortably 4 at a Push, Yes I realise some people dont drive and some that do refuse to drive in another country.
We book a private transfer because we dont like sitting around on a coach waiting for people to get on, and coach journeys take longer. We usually get a minibus so we are able to spread out. We usually do DIY, so when you add the cost of accommodation, flights and transfer it still works out much cheaper than a package holiday and you have the luxury of someone taking you to your resort. We are happy to pay it.
Well said again bob.

You are a very educated person :roll:

John
But you dont mind being herded into Aeroplanes, Point taken, And John your Sarcasim doesent work, Some people here are trying to help others and not trying to reap the benefits of others.
We dont have a choice about being herded onto a plane, if I could easily afford my own jet I would lol
we do usually go on the coach to the hotel but this year we have booked a private transfer with ICR travel......

no way would i want to travel an hour+ to the airport, then on the plane for 4 and a half hours, then sit for another 3 on the coach.....

its worth every penny to us to get there earlier and begin to enjoy the holiday :lol:

each to there own though :lol:
I agree everyone has that choice, You pay your way you take the chance its that simple, But really what annoys me more than anything is companys who promote what they are actually doing in Turkey for Business on this Particular forum, Go ahead and try that with this company on there own forum which I will not name and see what happens you can guess the result. :lol:
As said before its about choices but you have to remember that alot of flights tend to land very late at night or early hours of the morning in Turkey - Tour operator choice 4 hours coach arriving dog tired or
private transfer 1.1/2 hours in time to get your head down for a
few hours in a comfy bed. The price of it does'nt really come into it, its the start of your holiday and it has to be a good start.
I have been to Marmaris 4 times and its always around 1 3/4 - 2 hours including the comfort stop. Last time however, it took 3 hours, purely because we were last off the bus and it done the tour of Armutulan. We were so fed up when we got to the hotel that we asked the owner how much he would charge to take us back to Dalaman at the end of the holiday. £30 we snapped it up, well worth every penny instead of having another 3 hours on that bus if we were the first picked up.

Wouldn't hesitate on doing it again. Personal choice at the end of the day.

TC
Most of the times I have travelled by coach it has taken around two hours. Four years ago however it took about three and a half, just because the rep had badly organised it.

When we travelled in May it took our coach three hours and that was because all of my family's luggage was left on the belt at Newcastle airport. The other people on the coach waited over an hour for us coming out of Dalaman airport before they could leave.

Jim.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.