Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Sounds wonderful - and thanks for the review :tup
Kath x
great review, Richie ! we are going to sandos caracol in march 2010 and we are so looking forward to getting out and about, me and hubby have been to cancun about 10 yrs ago and went to chichen itza, fantastic place, but will have our 8 yr old with us this time so planning on tulum, xcaret, xel ha and whatever else we can do !
thanks again for the report, has really geed me up for the day !
cheers,
juby
Hi Juby

we did pick people up from the Sandos Caracol and it looked just as lovely as the sister hotel in Playacar. Still within striking distance of Playa Del Carmen so if you want a break from the hotel you can hop in a cab and it will only cost a few pesos.

Your 8 year old will love it, am sure. The kids club entertainers often brought the youngsters to the pool for a few water based games, so if your 8 year old likes to join in then they will be well away!

Xcaret, Xel-Ha - yes am sure they'll all do the job perfectly as well, or just go to one of the many cenotes for a nice cool dip. just so lovely over there.

enjoy your trip
Many thanks for your excellent report and review :cheers
Got to agree about all the fuss getting into the country, for a country that is supposed to want tourism they ain't going the right way about it.

I had a different kind of holiday, we stayed in Cancun and was supposed to be our dream holiday (as it was our first choice for our honeymoon 2 years ago but we just couldn't afford it at the time), it turned into a nightmare. I caught an infection and also suffered a bad asthma attack and was in bed for the last 5 days of the holiday, the hotel wouldn't let my wife bring any food to the room, saying if I was sick then she should bring our medical insurance (all they were interested in) and they would arrange a doctor. No way was I seeing a mexican doctor and I managed to control my asthma by inhaler till I returned home. Once home after a nightmare flight I went straight the hospital and was kept in for 4 nights whilst blood samples etc. were conducted. I lost 15lb in weight and found the whole experience of mexico shattering. I would personally never set foot in the country again due to bad experiences. We had a couple of good nights out in Pat O'Briens prior to my illness but I'm sticking to Europe in future for holidays. I have never given any resort any negative feedback in all the years I've been a member of this board but I'm really struggling to say anything positive about Cancun at the minute :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.