Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Final day in work, cant wait now, Alcossebre here I come!!! :)
Have a brilliant holiday Barnio and come back on and give an update, would be great to hear about it.

:fly :wave :fly :wave :fly
Final day in work, cant wait now, Alcossebre here I come!!!

:wave: Have a great time :cheers
It was a fantastic holiday once again, nothing really to be added from previous posts, I am just really glad that this resort isnt being visited by other English people, we love the spanish feel about the place!
Welcome home Barnio glad you had a great holiday again

Doe :sun2
Got a last minute deal on the apartment again, booked it only this Monday, along with flights and a hire car and this time....bliss...only me and my wife going...no kids....appparently i'm not cool anymore in the eyes of my 16 year old! Flying on Saturday, for a week of relaxation, fine food and great beaches.....cant wait and i'll put a report on on my return....Happy Holidays!!!
Have a good one Barnio :tup we also are no longer cool with our kids (if we ever were) but I think because I keep paying for the accommodation etc they keep coming with :rofl it does seem a bit odd holidaying with your adult kids though as time goes on and you realise everyone else your age has gone back to holidaying as a couple.

Always look forward to your reports

Doe :sun2
What a fantastic week we had!!! They have had a very poor Spring weather wise in that area and on the day we arrived, one of our Spanish firends said thankyou for bringing the sun!! Hot and sunny all week with just a nice sea breeze to keep cool on the beach.

Despite what is read in the papers, we still find it very cheap to live out there if you know where you are going. Stocked up on the first day in Consum, Bread, Milk, Coffee, Sugar, basic foods, water, beers, wines and plenty of fruit and the bill came to 33 euros??!! Yes meals can be expensive if you eat at some places on the Marina however if you walk into Alcossebre as we did on several occasions, you can have some excellent meals in El Patio, Taxa Chimo, Les Jardines and all at very reasonable prices. Treated ourselves one night in the excellent Benimar, we had Chateau Briaund, I think thats how you spell it, it was 32 euros for 2 people. Now if you consider that to get a decent Fillet Steak anywhere in the Uk you are paying in excess of £15 then I find this excellent value and it was absolutely cooked to perfection, well worth visiting.

It was just starting to get busy as the Spanish kids finished school mid June however space on the beach was never an issue and we find them to be very nice people with good manners and never cause a spot of bother, nothing was ever too much in bars, restaurants or shops.

Our first weekend was the festival of San Juan, 2 days of carnivals, beach parties, bonfires and fireworks, despite all the alcohol consumed we never saw one bit of trouble, everyone enjoying themselves, hugs handshakes, police joining in, some other countries need to take a lead out of the Spanish book!!!

Going back in 9 weeks for 11 days and really cant wait, we intend in years to come to retire to Las Fuentes, we love it that much.
Thanks for that Barnio. You are making me jealous. We hope to return in the future.

Jean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.