Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Just got back
8 Posts
Must say I agree with you! Albena and St Konstantine are much nicer than Sunny Beach but each to his own I suppose try somewhere else next time please do not let it put you off the real Bulgaria.
my goodness Fiona- I can't believe you are back already- time has flown! Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your holiday as much as you had hoped. I wonder if you just picked the wrong resort? I've done that before- we went to Gumbet in Turkey(pre HT days) and although we had a good enough holiday I would never return. Have been put off Turkey all this time because of this- and I'll bet if I had chosen the right resort I would have returned to Turkey countless times since then. I'm just chosing that as an example. I'm sure you made the most of it. Did you go on any excursions?
I am the same Fiona i went to Bodrum/Gumbet a few years ago and did not like it but found a place in Turkey called Icmeler we go there every year now it is like going back home. Everyone has their different views about countries :lol:
While it was ok, I must say I have been to far better holidays, SB reminds me of Blackpool !

I presume when people say that it's not meant as a compliment to Blackpool....

I still think you can have a relaxing time in SB, if you stay on the front it's always going to be loud but there are plenty of quiter establishments if you look a little further afield, although I appreciate a first timer might not always know where to go.
Hi Sue
Got to agree with you Icemeler, which I have found is a fabulous resort, I also liked Marmaris, but I hated Kusadasi, maybe it's a costal thing with me, as I didn't care too much about the Bodrum end, but liked the Dalaman side
Fiona
Hi Fiona
Yep, Time did fly too quickly? no sooner were we there till it was time too leave.
I just didn't find it to be what it was cracked up to be, and reminded me of Playa De Ingles in Gran Canaria especially the main drag.

I'm not saying we would not return to Bulgaria, as I would like to try Golden Sands.
I like to relax on holiday with a good book on a sun lounger, but sadly never got as much of this as I would have liked, partly to do with weather, and being so tired when I arrived did not help either
Maybe Better luck next time
fiona
well thats good to know you'd give Bulgaria another go. so there must have been some positives :D The weather can put on dampener on things of course if it wasn't as good as you'd hoped for.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.