Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks Roxey.

Our first visit to Goa was spent in Sinquerim ,many years ago.A little guesthouse called Village Belle.Magical memories.In those days you could walk for 10 minutes up towards candolim without reaching a restaurant.

The beach then was fantastic no River Princess to spoil the view.And very few shacks.

Have to agree with you one of my favourite pastimes in Goa is sitting on the sunbed just watching the world go by.

Papa
We are staying down at Sinquerim again this year, its so peacful around the guest house we stay at, shame about the beach area, its gradually been getting worse.

Thanks for the report have to agree about the curry house being a good meal, never tried Shivers, is it down the lane oppisite sheryls tiger bar?

GM06
Ian
Sounds like you had a great time Roxey, is Shivers at the Sinqeurim end ?
is Shivers at the Sinqeurim end ?

Shivers is down towards Sinquerim & down the lane opposite Kingfisher Villa.
glad you enjoyed your holiday Roxey, another good trip report. where is Top Nosh restaurant please, is it in Candolim?
Top Nosh is in Candolim on the Fort Aguada road heading to Sinquerim (on the left hand side if heading from Calangute, not too far from Victor Exotica and the Stone House.
Now.. is there also a place called Posh Nosh, or are people getting confused (or is it me ?), sure I heard/read about it last year.
I thought I had heard of a Posh Nosh too, however didnt come across one.
Just a bit more info about the holiday, we travelled with Qatar from Manchester, it was a very pleasant and comfortable flight. Entertainment was excellent, I spent the time from Manchester to Doha watching episodes of Torchwood, brilliant :) The porters were there when we arrived at 3.30am. I did part with a couple of £1 coins and let them trundle our cases to the taxi.
There are plenty of sellers on the beach, they aren't too bothersome, a quick no thank you usually did the trick.
Hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys it as much as we did :sun2
thanks Spike, we will try this restaurant it sounds so good :)
Hi Roxey was lovely to meet you and your OH at last :) As I said in a previous thread it was so nice to meet lots of other HTers this year as well. When is your next trip to Goa?
Best wishes for 2010.
hello i am going out on the 31/01/10 can you tell me whether the beach shacks are open as i got told that they have been rufused licences
hi
all the shacks that got licences are open
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.