Thought i would do a report on our experiences in Ovacik staying at the Balkaya Hotel:-

Balkaya Hotel - First got there and found everyone in huddles doing nothing but complain about everything yes the accomodation is basic and the food was not up to much but people forget it is only a 2/3 star hotel and i look at it this way as long as the room is tidy and there is a good pool which there was, then other than that i did not want to be dragged into the huddles complaining about everything as this would have just spoilt the holiday(by the end of the holiday it became a good laugh listening to the complainers).

Beaches - Went to Olu Deniz beach 6TL for Sunbeds and Umbrellas the Beach was very pebbly so take Beach Shoes.
Went to Sugar Beach which we thought was great they send a minibus to collect you and drop you off FOC. Sunbeds/Umbrellas only 5TL here - done the pedalo's at Sugar went passed the Laggon and seen everyone packed on the beach like sardines and thoght thats one place we will not be going to as the Sugar Beach is very quiet with beds spaced out.

Trips- Went on a 6 Island Boat trip got this for £6ea with Hamish Mcturk could have got the 3 Island trip for £4ea(even saw these go for£3ea)

My kids done Paragliding which they thought was a hell of an experience booked with Easy riders @£46ea.

Restaurants- would recommend Mama mias -the Peking chinese restaurant.

Do not change your money before you go as the rate in Olu Deniz is much better than uk we were getting 2.45tl.

In summary we had a fantastic holiday and would recommend Ovacik it's only a 10/15 min walk into Hisonaru and 2.5tl fare to Olu on the dolmus although i would not recomend the Balkaya Hotel as it is a bit basic even though this did not spoil our holiday.