Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
That post brought back memories of the day we walked up the gorge until it got so narrow we turned back.It is certainly a million miles from the "other"Cyprus.The next day we went on a glass bottomed boat out of Paphos harbour.We missed the large boat so a boatman with a smaller boat said he would do the trip.There was only about 12 passengers and everyone returned green except my husband.He was fuming when we got off the boat and when he told me why I was disgusted.The boatman had a Tshirt withE.O.K.A on the front.My husband served in the army in Cyprus and knew what this stood for.I was going to post about it when I came back but didnt get round to doing this.His name was Dino so avoid him and his boat if you can.
How old is this boatman?

We have a youth in our midst who thinks nothing of dressing in Nazi regalia.
Problem is, he is third in line to the Throne!!

Mark
Google for EOKA - lots there.

EOKA (Εθνική Οργάνωσις Κυπρίων Αγωνιστών, Ethniki Organosis Kyprion Agoniston, in English National Organisation of Cypriot Fighters) was a Greek Cypriot nationalist organisation that fought for the expulsion of British troops from the island, for self-determination and for union with Greece in the mid to late 1950s.

Marion
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.