Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Glad to hear, booked for here in June and seems to be good feedback. Are cocktails on offer? How busy is it to get sunbeds and stuff?
House cocktails are available, although I did not indulge myself. We were in a party of 8 adults and 3 kids and had no problem in obtaining sunbeds, however the large beanbags on the jetty get taken very quickly so I think you would need to get up rather early!

Cannot wait for the freshly made pancakes at breakfast!
We're going to Kadikale in May, in 6 weeks time and can't wait! It's good to hear that they have cocktails, I hope they do mojitos! There will be 10 us going! :cheers
Reply to nickybeal:
We will be there for 7nts from 14th May. Are you there the week after then? If you are there the same time could meet for a few drinks.
Hi, OH and myself off to Kadikale mid June--Can't wait--roll on the sun. Went to olu deniz 2 years ago and loved it but wanted to try somewhere new. First time AI in Turkey and we'll prob eat out few times to try different places--Q Anyone know what breakfast is like?? Also I've read somewhere that the 'sun-beds' down by the beach (covered ones) have a charge? Anyone know the cost?
Any other info would be great! Counting down now....

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
We went last June and it was a lovely hotel. As we've done Turkey before in various places, it was more to relax and thus we didn't leave the hotel all that much. The cabanas down by the sea you have to pay for, though early and late in the season they are free. They were a bit expensive but included personal service of food and drinks in the afternoon.

Breakfast was good, fresh omelettes and cooking. Infact the food was very good, sometimes it can be repatative with the Chicken/Turkey but even on the worst days there is always something to find and its always pretty hot and edible. No upset stomaches. Certainly some of the best food since I've done AI.

It's a little out of town, but the Dolmus is a short ride to Turgetries which is a smallish town, few shops but nothing major. Much more chilled out than some places.

Avoid the boat trip they sell at the hotel, it's quite basic, though it was nice to get out and about, you don't get off that much and lunch was basic and served up in cramped conditions on the boat. That said you may like it.
Hi Ken,
we're going on the 24th of May for two weeks!
Thanks to all for info.Can't wait and as for the cocktails....
Just another query, How do the pool towels work? Is there a deposit and how often can they be changed? It makes the luggage so much easier if we dont need to bring towels.
You get a credit card and this can be changed for a towel at the hut just on the other side of the main pool on the way up to the upper pools. You can get a new every day no problem.
Yeah leave the beach towels behind, saves a lot of weight! Just be wary that sometimes at mid afternoon they can run out of fresh towels and say the rest are in cleaning, so when we woke up late, sometimes we had to use the towel from the day before. Not a major issue anyway,.
Hi - can anyone who has been to Kadikale let me know if whisky is included in the AI? 'Sir' enjoys a whisky before dinner so if it is not available then I will get a bottle at Duty Free for him. :cheers

Thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
They had cheap whiskey from what I recall, probably best to get duty free for that though.
I had one when I was there and to put it mildly it was rank, get a good bottle at duty free..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.