Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes they do have room safes. Some of the rooms however which is in the oldest blocks of the Karbel, have a safety deposit box behind reception, which has a 2 key system to gain access, one that you keep with you all the time and a colour coded one according to what colour section your box is in. They add the cost to this to your room bill "card" and settle it whenever you decide or choose to pay the card system off.

We've been twice, one time had safety deposit box in room, then we moved and had one at reception. Although both times, Ive left jewellery and everything out in the room and there has never been any problem at all.

Its lovely :)
Karen
Thanks Karen you have put my mind at rest :tup .
Only a few days till we go and first time to Turkey and the Karbel i am that excited i packed the suitcase weeks ago :rofl
oh Olu was my first visit to Turkey too, that was 2 years ago, we returned back to the Karbel last year altho we went in August last year rather than May. And it is lovely, in fact, I have never been back to anywhere more than once, Olu is the first time, Id love to go back this year, but need to go somewhere different for a change...I will go back to Olu, I didn't think I would like Turkey at all when we went, but just fell in love with it.

One tip I would say about the Karbel.

When we went last year, they were placing people into the basement rooms on the blocks which used to be part of the "white hotel", (they bought the white hotel so there's two pools etc) but these basement rooms have no balcony, and no windows apart from 12" high ones at ceiling height. If you get placed in one of these REFUSE point blank to stay in it, they will try to keep you in there, we had paid and upgraded to their suite (which has a jacuzzi bath and massive room) but when we got there, they tried to place us in one of these basement rooms. I know it was high season, but I refused, got moved to a family suite before going to our main suite.

The hotel is lovely tho, but Olu is just wonderful, can picture those bean bags on the beach now...cocktail in hand watching the sunset LOL (can you tell I miss it? )

But if you want any hints or tips there are a couple of really long reviews that I wrote on the Karbel on here, but if you want any other info, give me a shout :)

Karen

ps any room in your suitcase? :rofl
Thank you for that tip i had read somewhere else about this ..... I am a great believer in old saying "to be for warned is to be forarmed" and it would just be our luck ....
How far is the dolmus away from the Karbel?
Its literally a short walk. If you come out of the hotel at reception, walk past the taxi rank (which is on corner by hotel) and walk along to the main road (dont turn down the road which leads to the beach), you can flag it down there, if its market day and you decide to go to Hisaronu Market (mondays) then go down to the dolmus station which is on the front as if you are walking to the lagoon, they get quite full so its often better to get on one there than flagging it down.

If you decide to go to the beaches at the lagoon, you can get the hotel to phone up for a mini bus to come and collect you.

Oh I wish I were going LOL
Hi karen , can you remember how much the safety deposit boxes were ? we didnt bother last year but the other half wants one this year ,
cheers simon
I am trying to remember how much it was but I can't :(
I know it wasn't a lot of money and although we'd never had any problems including leaving some jewellery out in the room, I had it because I have jewellery made when I am there which is just too expensive to leave out. Was it about £1.50 a day or something? I cant remember. . . . :think
Hello just got back the room safe we had was in reception and worked out to about £1.50 a day....
Karen i am hooked we had a glorious fortnight and i didnt want to come home will be going back to resort and hotel next year the turkish people are lovely and they made our holiday while out there we celbrated 30 years of marriage what a aniversary to remember .... :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.