Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi
We didn't stay in Katelios but did drive through a few times and spent an evening there. Very chilled and not packed at the end of July.If it wasn't for the fact I have 2 teenagers in tow I would love to stay there. There are a few studio blocks dotted around the village and tavernas with rooms in the village itself ( probably more but this is what I saw)Plenty of villas in the vicinity
Along the sandy (ish) seafront are around 10 tavernas / bars with a few more on the outskirts. There is a kiosk in the centre and a few small shops. Supermarket in Skala -10 mins drive away.
A work colleague of mine has been 4 times - if you have any questions I will be happy to pick her brains
HTH until someone with more specific knowledge comes along
Lally :)
Re "we are looking for a quiet'ish more traditional holiday for next year"
My wife and I go to KATELIOS twice a year as do many others, as it is as you describe it. You will receive a warm welcome from the locals, English and Greek. Anything else you would like to know post a note and I will see what I can help you with.
thanks both

JohnB

we will NOT be hiring any vehicles... how easy is it to get to Agastoli by public transport

what were the prices like this year

apart from the obvious Greek taverner's any other choices for eating out

and for herself are there any shops ?

many thanks
yasus
wizard
Re "Agastoli by public transport"
There is a bus service from the village but it a few and far between service mainly for the locals to and from work but you can get to Agastoli and back on it but watch for the times because if you miss it you will require a taxi and that will cost you as they are not cheap, ask for a price first.
If you change your mind hiring a car is the best deal, the roads are good if you stay on your side of the road, there are only two roundabouts, remember they have the right of way to enter.
Prices they are not bad for two people you can spend as little as 15 euro with wine we eat well and pay between 25-30 Euro.Other choices well yes they do other meals your best start if you prefer English type food is Jerry's Restaurant on the main street you ask for what you want and he will try to match your request.
Shops in a word NO. A trip to the next village Skala about 5k away has a small variety you would best going to Agastoli .
excellent thanks i'm a Greekophile and love Greek food but i know OH will want a change at least one night, as for driving thats what i do for a living [around 2500 miles a week] so it would not be a holiday for me but a taxi for one day wont break the bank

its sounding more and more like the holiday we are looking for

efharisto poly [thanks very much]

yasus
wizard
Just remembered, shops close at lunch time in the main town so take the better half then, they open later in the day but you may miss the last bus.
If you go into Skala one night there's a chinese restaurant, it does'nt have great reviews but we ate there one evening and it was really nice and not badly priced. There was an Italian place next door but we never tried there. Louise x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.