Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
No you don't need transport to get to bars and restaurants. They are just off the Tombs of the Kings Road, which is totally lined with dozens of establishments. However unless you are a keen walker and it isn't too hot, you will need transport to get to the harbour area of Paphos. There is a coastal path to it from the hotel though if you are up to it! We hired a car for our stay, but the bus stops out on the main road. Think about a car as they drive on the left so it is easy and the motorway between Paphos and Limassol was almost empty......
mehmeh1 wrote:
What other info do you want?

How about the fact that the TOTK Road is relatively expensive, being mainly used by tourists.

If you can, hire a car and get out into some of the vilages. Better food and reasonable prices, IMHO.
When over we rarely eat in the major tourist areas, if we can help it.

Peyia, Kathikas, Tala, Mandria, Geroskipou, Achilea, to name but a few vilages with excellent eateries.

A car will also help with seeing more of the island than the - inadequate - public transport will.
We always have a car, even if for only part of our stay.

Mark
Yes, I agree. We had a car and I don't think we ever actually ate on the TOTK road! To be honest, we were a bit horrified by that road and its neon signs! We drove out to several of the places you mention to eat. We also ate at the Kefalos itself quite a lot. They do a good buffet for a reasonable price.
we went in 07 half board, the food was good for hotel mass catering the staff excelent location great, on the beach, 3 mins walk to TOK road, 15 mins to Kato Pafos [dont eat here way over the top on price] we usualy sit outside the Pelican have a couple of drinks and people watch, pool is of a reasonable size but beds can be short in peek season.

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.