Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
it wont take much longer to walk to Kato Pafos as it would the bus stop... by the way I'm not sure there are late buses back [we use to use taxes a lot in the evening] the town of Pafos is best visited in the day time when the shops and Agora [market] are open ..good news is your not far from the Tombs of the kings archaeological site
Thanks. I feel really silly asking this but are paphos and katos paphos different places?
Pafos [paphos] is the town set on a hill
Kato Pafos is the seafront area around the harbour in the main

your hotel is in the Chlorakas area [village to the north west of Pafos] close too the tombs

tour operators sell anything in the municipal area of Paphos as being Pafos although this covers an area some 40 KM wide

yasus

wizard
Ahh i see, thanks! Hope it works out ok anyway, ill let you know!
If anybody else has stayed at or heard about akti please let me know.
Yes, thanks. That's why I was getting confused because some people were talking about paphos and some kato paphos! So it should be around 10 mins walk to kato paphos from akti, but a much longer walk to the main paphos town I take it? Perhaps we wont have to travel into paphos every night afterall if kato paphos area has nice restaurants etc.
Hiya,

Akti Village is a couple of km from the Harbour @ Paphos.

You can walk along the coastal path, behind Tombs of the Kings and the hotels, but I would only advise this in daylight as the path is unlit and in places a well trodden track.

You can walk back from the Harbour (30 - 40mins) along Tombs of the Kings Road or catch a Bus that run up to midnight or a taxi.

Coral Bay is a good 8km away further up the coast. Buses run every 20mins and the best beaches can be found here.

You can see Akti Village from our website home page.

Good luck

Stewart
Thanks for the response, I guess ill just have to wait and see :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.