Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We stayed there last year and before then in 2007.

We think it's ok... but then not everybody's expectations are the same.

If you have any specific questions, post them up and I'll do my best to answer.
thanks so much for that humpty.

I think the main question would be would you go again?
Was the complex too noisy at night? obviously people will be staying up late enjoying themselves (as i would like to!) but was the noise level noticable in your room?
The owner has had some bad reviews about him - were they justified?

Did you have any negatives about your stay there?

thanks for your help. I have stayed in Pissouri twice now but in villas, so looking at the cheaper option of staying in Pissouri

thanks Louise
I think the main question would be would you go again?

Certainly. We nearly went back again this year but wanted to try a different area.
Was the complex too noisy at night? obviously people will be staying up late enjoying themselves (as i would like to!) but was the noise level noticable in your room?

Not at all. Once a week they have a "Cyprus night" but the noise isn't excessive and all quiet by 11-12 pm. If you want to stay up revelling into the wee hours, the Hylatio is not for you!
The owner has had some bad reviews about him - were they justified?

Not in my opinion. He has bought us drinks in the past. He does have rather old fashioned views about doing business though (to our eyes anyway.) When we first went in 2007 he would only deal with me and not my wife.
Did you have any negatives about your stay there?

If you want to sleep at night, aircon is essential in the summer and it costs 6 Euros a day for each unit (2010.) Over two weeks that adds up to a tidy additional sum. An apartment has two units and you have to pay for both. We made sure we booked a studio with one unit.

There isn't much for teenagers to do in the complex (apart from text and moan) but younger children seem to have a great time. As you probably realise, the walk up to the village centre is a bit of a trek too, although it's downhill all the way back. :)

I hope that helps.
Hi thanks so much for your reply. They have certainly put my mind at rest and shall be booking asap!

Just one final question (i promise) is the Hylatio based near the pissouri bay (jetty) rather that the villiage?

thanks
Many members of our family stayed there recently for a wedding. The complex is at Pissouri Bay and within walking disatnce of the beach and all the restaurants.
They said the food at the complex wasn't too good and felt sorry for some people who had booked all inclusive deals.
You will certainly need a car, there is no bus service. Local shops are expensive, so if you are self catering you would be able to go and shop elsewhere, and also explore more of the area.
Carol

Hi thanks so much for your reply. They have certainly put my mind at rest and shall be booking asap!

Just one final question (i promise) is the Hylatio based near the pissouri bay (jetty) rather that the villiage?

No problem. I know how stressful it can be trying to make the right choice. Cut and paste these coordinates into Google...

And you will see that I've marked it 'A' on the map. Just zoom out a bit and you can see where it is in relation to everywhere else...

As the other poster has said, a car, while not essential, will make life a lot easier and expand your horizons. Food at the Hylatio is OK but certainly not something to write home about. Looking at our bill, I can see that we ate there only twice last time. We ate out or self catered. I didn't mention it as negative because it is not important to us. The new(ish) Papantoniou supermarket opposite the petrol station on the B6 seems to be the cheapest place to shop.
briggsy2007 wrote:
looking at the cheaper option of staying in Pissouri

Try the Rantzo. Just up the hill from Paps/police station at the junction on the B6 for the motorway.
You'll need a car, unless the new bus service* in the village is convenient. Not sure if it covers the B6 part of the village.
http://www.rantzo.com/

Also do villas:http://www.rantzo.com/holidayvillas.htm

Google Maps Rantzo

* EDIT: 3 buses per day in summer. Timetable.

http://www.thevillagexpress.com/cyprusvillage/profile/234
Thanks for your replies. I finally booked up yesterday for a week August next year.

Only thing is that Olympic Holidays quote £560 and the price per person shot up to £670 half way througn booking! so i have emailed them to find out why.

x
It's called "invitation to treat".
Just because a price is advertised, the seller can up the price if they wish.

Until a contract is signed, sealed etc, the seller has a free hand re the end selling price.
thanks for that edwardsm. Why dont they advertise the higher price? they are still offering the lower price for the same dates. £110 pp price jump is a bit extreme tbh. but hayho i will await their email expalining the price hike.
briggsy2007 wrote:
Why dont they advertise the higher price?
3 guesses. :wink:
I also got frustrated by the 'dynamic' pricing while trying to book (not for Hylatio this time.) To be fair, as I subsequently found out, they aren't the only travel company to do this. It seems fairly common with online booking. However, it annoyed me enough to make me look elsewhere.

I eventually found essentially the same holiday online quoted at a too-good-to-be-true £200 cheaper. I rang the company to book cynically expecting to be told that the price had gone up but actually ended up getting my accommodation upgraded and paying slightly less than the online quote. We got back last week and had no problems at all.

It restored my faith in travel agents. :)
humpty or anyone else lol. last question about the hylatio. when you stayed there did you have to leave a credit card imprint like some hotels just in case for expenses?

thanks Louise
No, we just settled up when we checked out. Drinks, meals and aircon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.