Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
KENYA AIRWAYS
7 Posts
MARK757,

I think it's just a mistake. The Pratt and Whitney JT8-9A will have been fitted to their 737-200's, which the 737-800's were bought to replace. Looks like they've just updated the webpage for the 737-200 with details of the 737-800, and not changed the powerplant information. Engines for the 737-800 include;

CFM56-7B24 (24,200lb) or CFM56-7B27s (27,300lb) on high gross weight versions.

I saw a couple of their new 738's in Mombasa last month; I wish some of the european airlines would mirror what Kenya Airways has done with their livery, bright and colourful instead of the boring euro-white and stripes!

Darren
I thought as much but thanks for confirming.

As for livery, about the best of the bunch was First Choice, I hope TUI don't change them all to that horrible blue and instead come up with a brand new delivery (there will be no way TUI would adopt FCA colours, think they wanna make it clear who is ruling the roost now)

Cheers for the reply.

Mark
Daughter and son-in-law flying to Kenya with Kenya Airlines in a few months. Were hoping to upgrade to 1st Class on the day. Does this airline have day before check-in (if so presumably only for flights before mid-day). If this is the case then this would reduce their chance of upgrading on the day of flight. Any info appreciated. :)
My daughter flew to Kenya with Kenya airlines, she is stuck in Nairobi with this Ash situation, they dont seem to be very helpfull, they have cancelled her flight and she has ask them if they can be put onto another flight into Europe, they said no, i've told her to ring and ask to speak to a manager to see if she has any luck as airport staff may not be able to deal with that sort of request. I hope they have some luck, as she said its not very nice there and it is not safe to go out after dark, so there stuck in there hotel room all evening. she has phoned her Insurance companyand they have told her they will not pay for anything so she is left to pay for everything herself. :)) Gel
Just wondered if anyone had any info on my flight next week to Nairobi from Heathrow. Kenya Airways Flight No KQ 101 departs 2000hrs Monday 6th Sep. Would be interested if anyone knows where the flight is coming into Heathrow from and the estimated time of arrival at Heathrow (thought it would help with knowing if there is a possibility of delay for my flight leaving). Also any info on Septembers inflight entertainment would be appreciated. And lastly if anyone knows if it is worthwhile upgrading when we check in (dependant on availability). It is quite pricey but the thought of a flatbed appeals a lot as it is a night flight! Would be very grateful for any info anybody can give. Thanks.
ChrissyR,

Your flight comes in from Nairobi, you're on the return flight. It's due in at 0645, then ground stops until the evening flight. It's operated by a Boeing 777-200. Kenya Airways website has the other information you're loking for. Only you can decide if upgrading is worth the extra money.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.