Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi there, unfortunately I have not travelled to Kenya myself , but I have flown Thomson many times on the long haul route and they are very comfortable aircraft , I always choose them for long haul.
The Voyager has a very good reputation, I work in travel and have booked quite a few there over the years and always had very good feedback from my customers, in fact I would choose that hotel for myself based on customer comments.
Thanks.

I have never flown long haul with Thomson, I have travelled mexico with Mytravel and Dominican with Thomas Cook, which are now the same. Done america 4 times with delta and once with Virgin (Did not rate virgin 1 bit) flew back with continental which were even worse.

whats the difference between first choice aircraft and thomson aircraft, maybe thats a stupid question if theyre going to be the same inside by summer 2010, i dont know.

thanks for your info on the hotel, it does look gorgeous. like everything the bad comments always seem to feel more truthful than the positive comments.

travelling with thomson twice next july/august going kenya then 2 weeks after i get back going red sea, but red sea isnt classed as a long haul flight even though its 5 hours
Richard

Have a look here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=47950

Flights are very good, Premier Class IMHO worth the extra.
Richard1987,

travelling to Kenya in 2010 for a nice 2 week holiday. Bit worried about the 10 hour flight mind.
has anyone travelled this route with thomson? what were there impressions.

whats the difference between first choice aircraft and thomson aircraft, maybe thats a stupid question if theyre going to be the same inside by summer 2010, i dont know.

Please refer to your posts on the Thomson Airways thread where you'll also find lots of information and opinion on long haul flights with Thomson Airways. Flights are operated the same regardless of destination.

Darren
Hiya

We went to the Voyager in April 2007 - you can see my review half way down the following post: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=98165
Where are you flying from?

We have done Thomson/First Choice flying from Manchester to Mombassa for the last 2 years and couldn't really fault it. Our first long haul flights and ok we did find it difficult to get to sleep on the overnight flight but the end result worth it. Food OK. A few problems with seat back screens this year but knowing we were returning to the wonderful Voyager and Kenya made up for it. Yes we have stayed at the Voyager twice and it is wonderful. We have done safaris to both Tsavo & Masai Mara and would recommend both. Would go back to Kenya and the Voyager tomorrow but at the moment we are planning a visit to another part of the big wide world.

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Mandy :sun2
Hi,
We went in October & our flight out from Gatwick was on a FCA plane. The outbound night flight was nothing special & only 2 drinks runs in just over 9 hours wasn't particularly good. I ended up having to go the galley for water & soft drinks. The food was average too, so I'm glad I went to M&S to stock up on snacks before we went through to departures. We'd booked the extra legroom seats & felt these were good value for money - had loads of room to stretch our legs out.
The inbound flight was on another FCA plane & the experience was a lot better - the crew worked very hard & made sure you always had a drink if needed etc.

We stayed at Whitesands up the road in Bamburi & loved both the hotel & our safari in the Masai Mara. There were quite a few people on our flight staying at Voyager & some were repeat guests so it must be good :) Have a great time out there!

Ang
Were flying from Manchester.

were going premium economy. hopefully i can get some sleep on the flight.

What are the rooms at voyager like?

What is the best "value for money" safari, not just the cheapest..

thanks for your information, i am really looking forward to this, still sometimes to go mind
anyone know of any good safari companies that i can book with other than thomson as i have heard they are expensive..i have heard of julius safaris, any others?
Richard1987,

If you use the search function, you'll find plenty of posts on safari companies. We used Pollmans, who Thomson use. You can get cheaper deals by shopping around, but make sure you know what is and isn't included.

Darren
yes the search function, your always full of bright ideas :cheers

thanks for your information too :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.